Ever loose pictures

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
LSRC
Flat River Rat

Ever loose pictures

Unread post by LSRC »

Just out of curiousity, has anybody ever lost pictures before? I had these cool pictures from a spot past Werth Road that I lost. I've lost pictures from Delray and Rougemere (THAT was Walmart's fault :evil: ). I am the only one to loose good pictures?

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I never get mine developed so can't say I do.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Unread post by i995impalass »

yeah, pics from my open house, then I bought a digatal camara

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Yeah. I misplaced a roll I shot of the HESR running to Croswell a couple years ago on a Saturday (caught 'em as I was heading to Port Huron to see the Flagg Coal Co. steamer, the first time it came to town, 2004, I think), had the 4065 and the 1471 I believe for power...got some good shots in Applegate of 'em...then realized the camera had major issues and went digital soon afterwards (or rather, went digital video soon afterwards, somewhere I have a VHS tape of the train too)...I think I found the shots a couple months ago when my parents developed some film and as I'm the only one in the family that takes pictures of trains, my roll was found...I think I got 'em back more than 2 years after I shot 'em...

...maybe that's not exactly "lost", but more like misplaced? To be honest though, if I really have lost any pictures, I haven't realized it yet...aside from the folder my computer deleted that had all of my train shots in it (many that had never been backed up either)....

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

I had a boxcar full of GTW, AA, TSBY, and other photos ruined in a flood about four years back. What drives me nuts is that I had a photo scanner and did not use it.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

trainjunkie47 wrote:I had a boxcar full of GTW, AA, TSBY, and other photos ruined in a flood about four years back. What drives me nuts is that I had a photo scanner and did not use it.
A boxcar full?!?!? That's huge!
Anyway, i have all of my photos on digital, so it is harder to lose them. I've temporarily had ones misplaced, searching my hard drive for the right files. I easily could have lost tons of them with only having the one copy of them, but recently bought an external hard drive to make a copy of the 50 gigs of photos.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Not sure about loose ones, but I've had some tight pictures before. :P

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

Ok, I might have embellished the quantity a bit. I was trying to keep in spirit with the theme of the board, so a little creative license is warrented.