Railroad Events for TV5

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Bluewaterfan
Pullman Fan

Railroad Events for TV5

Unread post by Bluewaterfan »

As some of you may know, I am currently interning at WNEM TV5 in Saginaw. Part of my job is to input events into a system called Futures. This gave me an opportunity to enter in future railroad-related events that could be newsworthy. I have currently entered the following events:

• August 1st-GLCs "Northern Arrow" Excursion
• August 11th-Diesel train from Gaylord to West Branch-side trip to Standish.
• October 6th and 7th-1225 "Timberliner" Grayling Train

On July 21st, 1225 will pull a steam-powered trip to Clare in conjunction with BMC. In addition, on July 22nd, 1225 will haul a special passenger excursion for convention-goers at the 2007 National Model Railroad Convention

Are they any other events that you think TV5 might cover?

P.S. If I find out the day we are meeting in Durand, it might be a slow enough newsday for them to cover it :!: :D
Last edited by Bluewaterfan on Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
One can make a mistake and own up to it, but still feel guilty.
~~anonymous

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

You might want to research those July trips with 1225. That's all I'm going to say. :!:
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!

gtw5812
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by gtw5812 »

I think he is right...read the way MSRTP has the board worded..it sure sounds like he is right, and then possibly trips in the fall as well.... Read SSLLLLOOWWWLLLY! LOL!

R/
Galen
Saginaw Bay Southern "Excellence in Transportation"..and Proud to be a Part of It!!
http://railroadfan.com/gallery/displayi ... pos=-36534

SDavey
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by SDavey »

I'm currently looking for a job as TV news producer but I remember doing futures when I was interning there and they didn't use 99% of them because members of the community will mail the station information about an upcoming event.

The only thing I could see them covering in my opinion would the steam engine trips, but even then id say about a 50/50 chance on that one as it would be dependent on how far from Saginaw it would be and how many camera people are available on the weekends, which is usually the bare minimum.

Hogger1225
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Hogger1225 »

Hey, I finally goofed. Bluewater Fan was right, I was totally thinking of something else going on. Sorry Bluewater Fan. We are doing the Clare and Mt Pleasant things in July..
I used to get paid for doing what all of you like to watch!