The **NEW** Commodore 64...I want one

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

The **NEW** Commodore 64...I want one

Unread post by AC60CW »

For those of you that owned one...or never got to because they cot $500 at the time. This is for you.

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_C64.aspx

Look around a little on the site. There are other models also.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: The **NEW** Commodore 64...I want one

Unread post by Jochs »

Looks like they adapted a classic computer to fit your modern needs.

During the last weekend in March, I went to the Midwest Gaming Classic in Milwaukee, WI and they had a museum room set up with old home computers.
Here is a Commodore 64 with a cassette player for data storage/retrieval (remember those?? :lol: )
A Commodore Pet
And the Commodore Vic 20.

There were also other computers like the Texas Instruments 99/4 the Apple IIe, as well as arcade games, pinballs, more modern home gaming consoles, and even old Texas Instrument Learning tools like the Speak and Spell.

My brother still has his Commodore Vic 20, V20 game cartridges, Commodore Modems, Commodore 64, C64 Memory expander, Amiga, 1541 disk drive, and cassette players stored somewhere. :lol:
In the 5th grade, our classroom had a Commodore Pet with cassette player during the 1982-1983 school year. I think we started using floppy disks and Apple IIe's in the 7th grade, in 1984/85. :) We also used Texas Instruments Computer in JR High as well. This TI computers had game cartridges as well as cassette players..very high-tech for the early 1980's :lol:
Of course, if you do use an old computer, like this TI-99, be sure to use an old tv with dials on it, not electronic buttons... :lol:
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

supraman
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by supraman »

That is very cool. Too bad I still can't afford one! :lol:

MP73point4
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by MP73point4 »

I can't afford a computer either. Wait, I'm on a computer now. Nevermind.
A good ol' game of Pong or asteroids anyone? Break out the Atari.
RR Pass Collector