Plastics plant to move from Georgia to Benton Harbor

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

STOCKHOLM, Sweden — Trelleborg AB, a maker of plastics and polymers, said today that Dawson Manufacturing Co., in which it holds a 45% stake, will close a plant in Georgia and move the operations to Benton Harbor.

The Dawson unit produces antivibration components for the auto industry and has about 100 employees.

Trelleborg said in a statement that the move will have a marginal impact on its earnings this year.

Trelleborg has annual sales of approximately $3.4 billion with about 23,000 employees in 40 countries.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/arti ... 9/1118/rss
Possibility, will CSX be happy serves for plastic cover hopper cars delivery to them in B.H.? :?:
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

great to hear this state needs some more jobs, will they do buisiness with CSX or will it all be done by trucks and ships.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

100 employees is a small plant so they probably will receive by truck...but they're are some smaller plants that receive plastic by rail service so they may.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

trainjunkie47
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by trainjunkie47 »

How much of one type of plastic do they use? If they use 13 different types, the shipping will certainly be done by truck. Does anyone know where in Benton Harbor the plant will be located? If it is not on the line, CSX surely will not build a spur to it.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

I don't know about Benton Harbor area very well. I wonder that have any industrial buildings available left spur track in Benton Harbor? Possibility, Dawson Manufacturing Company bought them. They likes settle as round Whirlpool Industrial plants still have using spur tracks from CSX lines.
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Don Simon wrote:100 employees is a small plant so they probably will receive by truck...but they're are some smaller plants that receive plastic by rail service so they may.
Well Don Simon.,

Do you know about how many RheTech's employees in Whitmore Lake and Fowlerville http://www.rhetech.com/Facility.htm? I guess that they have hold between 75 to 150 employees. GLC (TSBY) still have delivery the plastic cover hopper cars on two spur track lines in RheTech. Probably, they do same sizes as Dawson Manufacturing Company for that!
RheTech in WL aerial map (you can see two TSBY locomotives with plastic cover hopper cars in spur in plant area): http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=en&q ... 88&iwloc=A
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams