DRUNK on the TRACKS

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
A No.1
To Portland

DRUNK on the TRACKS

Unread post by A No.1 »

Subject: Drunk/Dumb Criminal of the Week

KUTZTOWN, PA

A very drunk young person was walking around this past weekend late in the evening. Somehow she found her way to the foundry entrance off Railroad Street. Once there she asked the guard if she could go through as she was trying to get home, she pointed towards 737. She was obviously turned away. A short while later, one of the cargo trains was leaving, the conductor was watching the tracks and observed something near the tracks. He stopped and upon inspection it was this same young lady passed out using one of the railroad tracks as a pillow for her head. She was barefoot with a bottle of vodka in her purse. Officer Hirko was called and she was taken off to the hospital. I am told when she spoke to Officer Hirko she had no idea where she was found or how she got to the hospital. I spoke with the night manager who said the regular conductor on the train was not working and since the conductor was new he was much more diligent due to being unfamiliar with the tracks, had the regular conductor been on the tracks this young person would have most certainly been killed.

The foundry is taking additional safety measures, they now have a watchman walk ahead of the train with a lantern to make sure it is clear. They may also come to the Borough to ask that they can put additional fencing up to prevent people from walking in on the property.

As a side note, I checked with the State Store, vodka is obviously the liquor of choice and currently Mountain Dew flavor, cake flavor and whipped cream flavor are the top sellers. What happened to the good old days when Four Loko was the alcohol of choice…

Have a great week!

Chief Craig M. Summers
Kutztown Borough Police Department
45 Railroad Street
Kutztown, PA 19530
Mark it Zero.

B-Town
Foamer Photographe​r?!?!?!!?

Re: DRUNK on the TRACKS

Unread post by B-Town »

Another day in America...

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by justalurker66 »

SGT. S wrote:What happened to the good old days when Four Loko was the alcohol of choice…
Four Loco got banned in Michigan and the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Commission asked sellers to stop selling it (and other alcoholic energy drinks). Vodka can still be sold. :shock:

Congrats to the conductor who saved a life.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I believe Four Loko is back now, but it no longer contains the caffiene and a few of the other questionable substances that caused teenaged girls to black out.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

justalurker66 wrote:
SGT. S wrote:What happened to the good old days when Four Loko was the alcohol of choice…
Four Loco got banned in Michigan and the Pennsylvania Liquor Control Commission asked sellers to stop selling it (and other alcoholic energy drinks). Vodka can still be sold. :shock:
And yet, Red Bull and other highly-caffeinated energy drinks continue to be mixed with liquor in bars on a daily basis. How come the LCC hasn't cracked down on that?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

J T wrote:And yet, Red Bull and other highly-caffeinated energy drinks continue to be mixed with liquor in bars on a daily basis. How come the LCC hasn't cracked down on that?
I think of it as the difference between "over the counter" and "prescription" drugs. One hopes that the bartender knows what they are doing and will stop serving when a person has had enough (under penalty of being sued or losing their bar's license if they serve too much). Premixed/take home beverages don't have the same control - someone standing there who could stop you from grabbing another because you don't feel drunk.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

justalurker66 wrote:
J T wrote:And yet, Red Bull and other highly-caffeinated energy drinks continue to be mixed with liquor in bars on a daily basis. How come the LCC hasn't cracked down on that?
I think of it as the difference between "over the counter" and "prescription" drugs. One hopes that the bartender knows what they are doing and will stop serving when a person has had enough (under penalty of being sued or losing their bar's license if they serve too much). Premixed/take home beverages don't have the same control - someone standing there who could stop you from grabbing another because you don't feel drunk.
Understandable. However, the problem I have with the whole 4 Loko thing is how much of a big deal they made out of the concept of liquor mixed with a caffeinated drink as if it were a new (and dangerous) concept.

There is plenty of liquor out there available for private consumption that is much stronger than 4 Loko, not to mention anyone over the age of 21 can purchase liquor and Red Bull and mix them to their heart's content at home without a bartender to stop them.

It's all just another example of Big Brother taking control of people who make poor judgments, which ends up affecting everyone.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

[server error: Duplicate Post Removed]
Last edited by justalurker66 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

justalurker66
Railroadfan...fan

[server error: Duplicate Post Removed]
Last edited by justalurker66 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.