Banker’s Insulting Waitress Tips 1% on a $133.54 tab

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Banker’s Insulting Waitress Tips 1% on a $133.54 tab

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/trending-no ... 24882.html If I was the manager I next time that guy shows up I would refused him service That is B.S.
Last edited by PlymouthStationGuy on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Re: Banker’s Insulting Waitress Tips 1% on a $133.54 tab

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

What a jerk.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Anyone else enjoy reading the comments at the bottom of the article? :lol:

I wonder if the banker had problems with the waitresses service and the "tip" was sending her a message?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Anyone else enjoy reading the comments at the bottom of the article? :lol:
Comments are always the best part. :lol:

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

AARR wrote:Anyone else enjoy reading the comments at the bottom of the article? :lol:

I wonder if the banker had problems with the waitresses service and the "tip" was sending her a message?
Good point. Tips are to be earned, they are not a right.
Last edited by Typhoon on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Maybe the person leaving the tip had something against the waitress from an issue before.

AC60CW
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by AC60CW »

When I leave tips, like mentioned by AARR, I tip according to service. Not because I am suppose to, and I seldom use the percent guideline. I tip what I feel the waitperson earned.

True story, I tipped a waitress at IHOP $10 on a $20 breakfast. She came up to the table and wanted to take our order. Now, my wife, son and I always have "extra" modifications to our meals (add this and take that out). She had no order book in her hand. After she took our order I told the wife I would be very surprised if our order was right. But, she got everything correct on the order. In addition, she didn't bother us other than one time to give us our check, kept my sons soda topped off by bringing new on when he was about a 1/4 left. I have eaten at 5 star restaurants and road side dives. This was hands down the most impressive service I have seen in my life.
Avatar image use with permission of Elmo Bass http://elmo.rrpicturearchives.net/

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

I tip about 10 to 15% of the bill. even if i did get bad service. but what gets me is this is not the first time this guy did it, just because the waitress or waiter did not bow down to his needs come on a 1% tip? get that crow bar out open that rusty wallet and tip at least 10% and the next time either dont go to that restraunt or asked for a different server.
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

If they don't earn the tip, they don't get one. Like Typhoon said, they're a privelidge, not a right. Maybe this guy has really high standards?
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Unread post by conrailmike »

As of last night, there was quite a bit of speculation on whether or not this was real.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

You may be right PSG and the article is an unbiased accurate account of what happened and the banker is a doushe bag.

But I do not like how Pres. Obama is portraying the 1%ers and the "open season" environment he has created on successful people.

The 1 and 2%ers that I know are hard working, self-made, decent people. If you add up their fair share of the taxes (which is really more than the fair share considering 1%ers pay some 35% of the tax burden and 1 and 2%ers combined nearly 50%) AND their charitable contributions they are some of the most generous people I know.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

Typhoon wrote:
AARR wrote:Anyone else enjoy reading the comments at the bottom of the article? :lol:

Good point. Tips are to be earned, they are not a right.
Using that as a benchmark, it is a good thing bankers don't have to rely on tips, the service they provide usually sux and costs us more money. :mrgreen:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Banker’s Insulting Waitress Tip Incites Class Warfare Between the 1% and the 99%
PlymouthStationGuy wrote:Banker’s Insulting Waitress Tips 1% on a $133.54 tab

You probably should have quoted the full article title. Your thread title implies that the banker had an insulting waitress who tipped 1%. :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Aaaaand it was all a photoshopped hoax to stir the 1% vs. 99% pot:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/ ... ort-beach/
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

MDH wrote:Aaaaand it was all a photoshopped hoax to stir the 1% vs. 99% pot:
http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2012/02/ ... ort-beach/
Lol, that is a hoot. BUT , I still haven't found a banker that I trust. I have felt this way for 40 years and the last five years have just reinforced that feeling. To paraphrase a lawyer joke: Where can you find a good banker? At the bottom of the ocean attached to an anchor. :lol:
Disclaimer: This is not meant to cast aspersions onto the few honest bankers, wherever they might be. AND I am glad for the credit unions. :mrgreen: