Resort Northern Arrow

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Resort Northern Arrow

Unread post by Todd Cline »

Hey, If you want to defer a few months of mortgage payments to ride a train, join the forclosure crowd I guess. I was just saying that there is a big LACK of affordable excursions for the average joe. In todays "Credit" society" it is BRAINWASHED INTO THE CHILDREN" that they "NEED CREDIT".
I have a $200.000 home and I have NEVER BOUGHT ANYTHING ON CREDIT. That's the thing. The banks brainwash people into thinking they can only buy things on credit. Get off the "Credit Train". start saving your money. Don't give it to the banking plans at 12-30 % interest! That's NUTS!!! Just save enough money to get started. Always deal in cash. The moment you sign into a high interest loan, you are screwed. They will have you for life.

Todd

Typhoon
Rock you like a Hurricane

Unread post by Typhoon »

You really should stop making assumptions on other peoples finances.

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

I could say the same about earlier posters.
There were assumptions made there as well..
Consider this free advice. Don't get trapped in the financial interest black hole. I'm just sayin'
Don't feed the banks.
I'm 47 and retired.

Todd

Typhoon

Unread post by Typhoon »

Todd Cline wrote:I could say the same about earlier posters.
Consider this free advice. Don't get trapped in the financial interest black hole. I'm just sayin'

Todd
Again, your point? So because some other people have made assumptions in this thread, you decide the only way I could afford this trip as a union guy would be to "join the foreclosure crowd"? Let me give you some free advice, earlier in this thread you called someone ignorant, people in glass houses should not throw stones...

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

keep drinking the Limbaugh "kool-aid". it's ok, it only hurts for a while.

Todd

Sorry Zack, this thing has gone political. Kill it.

Typhoon

Unread post by Typhoon »

Todd Cline wrote:keep drinking the Limbaugh "kool-aid". it's ok, it only hurts for a while.

Todd

Sorry Zack, this thing has gone political. Kill it.
Are you reading a different thread than I am? What the hell does Limbaugh have to do with someone being able to afford a $4k week long train trip? You need to stop drinking whatever it is that you are, and I hope you are not going to drive tonight.....

But I do agree this thread needs to be shot, and it should never have been started in the 1st place..

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Typhoon wrote:

Todd
Again, your point? So because some other people have made assumptions in this thread, you decide the only way I could afford this trip as a union guy would be to "join the foreclosure crowd"? Let me give you some free advice, earlier in this thread you called someone ignorant, people in glass houses should not throw stones...
You left off my last two sentances. I'm 47 and retired. I never used "credit". We "cool" now? You still living to support the bank? Not me. All I'm saying is GET AWAY FROM CREDIT! It will break your ass. Take my advice or ignore it, but at the end of the day, my money is mine, not the banks.

Typhoon

Unread post by Typhoon »

Todd Cline wrote:
Typhoon wrote:

Todd
You left off my last two sentances. I'm 47 and retired. I never used "credit". We "cool" now? You still living to support the bank? Not me. All I'm saying is GET AWAY FROM CREDIT! It will break your ass. Take my advice or ignore it, but at the end of the day, my money is mine, not the banks.
I didn't leave off anything, you edited the post after I made my quote.

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

Ok then, keep paying your 20-30% interest to your credit cards/ mortgages. Doesn't bother me. I tried to tell you how to save money, you won't listen. Sorry dude. So sad, so bad...

Todd

Typhoon

Unread post by Typhoon »

All right I am done. Do yourself a favor and sleep it off. Advil and Gatorade will help get rid of the headache when you wake up.

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

I have waited for a response, none came forth. I stand by my statement. If you want to get ahead in life, eschew any credit lines. It will only put you further in debt.

Todd.

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

I see Typhoon has responded while I was writing, Ahh, the stupidity.... I hope he doesn't vote.

Todd

Todd Cline
Railroadfan...fan

AND I AM OUTTA' HERE!!!!!!!

Todd

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Wow, just wow. This guy is all over the place.

How did this go from these rides are too expensive to "Get rid of all credit now!"?

You want a cheap ride, there a plenty out there, you want a rail cruise that more often then not are ridden by wealthy, ell to do retired couples ride the Northern Arrow or the Rocky Mountaineer or whatever the heck you want to ride with your money.

I am older then you think and have brothers your age, one of which served for 10 years and is a veteran of Gulf War 1 FWIW..

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I agree with Todd on the credit thing. If you can go through life without borrowing money or using a credit card you will be much better off. It takes discipline, planning, hard work, and ingenuity.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I'm still wondering how the heck Rush Limbaugh came into play :lol:
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Tom
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Tom »

Todd Cline wrote:I have waited for a response, none came forth. I stand by my statement. If you want to get ahead in life, eschew any credit lines. It will only put you further in debt.

Todd.
Very true, and it takes years to undo.

Wish I could hit the Powerball, buy the Old Road from Coldwater to Sturgis, and run an excursion. Unfortunately I think it would lose money unless the tickets were free or practically free.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

SD80MAC wrote:I'm still wondering how the heck Rush Limbaugh came into play :lol:
Perhaps Todd thinks only "ditto heads" borrow money and use credit cards :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Todd Cline wrote:O.K. JT, enough

Did you ever earn the "ruptured duck"? Did you put your life on the line for your country?
No, I have never been in the service, but I WAS almost killed by an alcoholic, drunk driver 20 years ago. I have lived with the pain and scars from that selfish son of a b.itch every day since then. That has to count for something, right?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

AARR wrote:I agree with Todd on the credit thing. If you can go through life without borrowing money or using a credit card you will be much better off. It takes discipline, planning, hard work, and ingenuity.

You are the king of being irrelevant. Of course you agree!

Still don't know what this has to do with a cruise train.