Yaesu 2800 Radio For Sale

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Yaesu 2800 Radio For Sale

Unread post by cbehr91 »

I have for sale an as is Yaesu 2800 mobile amateur radio. I'm asking only $40 for it as the transmit is unknown (receive works just fine) and the internal speaker does not work. In order to hear the radio you need to plug in an external speaker. The radio will come with the mic/keypad, a "pig tail" power cord to hardwire to a vehicle battery or AC power supply and the owner's manual if I can find it.

Again, this radio is AS IS. No guarantees. PM me if interested.

slwapprslw
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Yaesu 2800 Radio For Sale

Unread post by slwapprslw »

If you were close by me, I could test out the transmit side of the radio for you since I'm a licensed ham. Also, I would make an offer on the radio, but I have two Yaesu 2800s in my collection. There is not a need for another one for myself.

Recommendation for anyone looking for radio for scanning the rail frequencies: For the price this is a good radio. I use my Yaesu 2800 quite often for railfan ventures. :)
Cass Telles
"Slow-Approach-Slow" - 'Go by way of the B&O'
My photostream: http://www.flickr.com/photos/ctelles/

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I've got a Yaesu, they are far better than some other radios I have had to displeasure of using....cough icom cough
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

[quote="CAT345C"cough icom cough[/quote]
I think both brands have their plusses and minuses. I've used 2m rigs made by both for rail band receiving and I think ICOM stuff receives better but that's just me. I think the 2800 is actually too big (my ICOM 2100 is smaller and fits better in my car and its audio is just as beefy as the 2800). I like being able to access the menu functions of the ICOM from the front panel rather than only using the mic and I like being able to change the display color to green rather than just orange of most Yaesus I've seen. The scan speed of the 2800 is faster than the ICOM 2100, though, so I try not to have more than 20 channels unlocked at a time because otherwise I'll miss stuff.