R.I.P Don Pardo (96)

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

R.I.P Don Pardo (96)

Unread post by Jochs »

Long time Saturday Night Live announcer, and former gameshow announcer Don Pardo has died at 96.
I guess he qualifies as the third celebrity to die in the past week.
http://mashable.com/2014/08/18/don-pard ... d-dies-96/
Ever notice how this always seems to happen? And usually one of the celebrities is totally unexpected, like Robin Williams. (And Michael Jackson back on the same day when Farrah Faucet lost her longtime battle with cancer.)
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

DTIDave
Railroadfan...fan

Re: R.I.P Don Pardo (96)

Unread post by DTIDave »

Both of these men were inspirations. Robin Williams helped me realize humor can defuse many situations, and Don Pardo was one of the all-time great voices. When I was younger I used to goof around and do voices all the time. After I got sick a number of years ago, I lost some of my vocal range and Don Pardo is one of the few I can actually imitate successfully !It's going to be weird not hearing him call off the SNL roster anymore. I wonder if they're looking for a doppleganger voice? Or not. RIP Mr. Pardo and Mr. Williams. Both will be missed.