I make a motion...........

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
TSB
peon

I make a motion...........

Unread post by TSB »

...that we don't talk about anyone dying unless they are at least 90.

This is getting uncomfortable.
5 years on college faculties
34 years working on railroads

RR is more fun

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Re: I make a motion...........

Unread post by cbehr91 »

I second this motion but Jochs will lose half his posts. :lol:

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

Whatever you do, do not check your graduating class webpage. Half the kids I grew up with are gone, including my first girlfriend. :cry:

And don't go to any class reunions. There's just a bunch of old people there. You won't recognize your old girlfriends, amongst all the Q tips. :wink:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

hoborich wrote:Whatever you do, do not check your graduating class webpage. Half the kids I grew up with are gone, including my first girlfriend. :cry:

And don't go to any class reunions. There's just a bunch of old people there. You won't recognize your old girlfriends, amongst all the Q tips. :wink:
I'll find it really odd (and probably sad) if I ever hear about a former gf dying.

And who goes to class reunions any more? Isn't that what facebook is for? :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

J T wrote:
hoborich wrote:Whatever you do, do not check your graduating class webpage. Half the kids I grew up with are gone, including my first girlfriend. :cry:

I'll find it really odd (and probably sad) if I ever hear about a former gf dying.

And who goes to class reunions any more? Isn't that what facebook is for? :lol:
I have 3 people in my graduating class of 1990 who have passed on.

How about we talk about the opposite????
Prince William and Princess Kate are expecting another child!
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I'd wager a bet that at least a dozen from my class have passed on.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

mlmphotography
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mlmphotography »

J T wrote:I'd wager a bet that at least a dozen from my class have passed on.
7 so far, and I graduated in 1999.

Loyd L.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Class of 1994. We had 154 at graduation. So far we have lost 4. 3 to motorcycling accidents. 1 was a Kalamazoo police officer who was fatally shot. We lost 2 prior to graduation. 1 suicide and 1 house fire. If you count those we are -6 of 156.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Jetlink wrote:Class of 1994. We had 154 at graduation. So far we have lost 4. 3 to motorcycling accidents. 1 was a Kalamazoo police officer who was fatally shot. We lost 2 prior to graduation. 1 suicide and 1 house fire. If you count those we are -6 of 156.
That's about 3.84%.
I came from a class of 79 at graduation in 1990. (I went to Lake Michigan Catholic High in St Joseph.) 3 have passed on in my class, which is around 3.8%...interesting statistic.
Jeff O.
Celebrating over 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

mlmphotography
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mlmphotography »

I graduated with 91 in 1999, so nearly 8% here.

Drugs are ramaging WV unfortunately.

Loyd L.

DTIDave
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DTIDave »

It's funny you mention class reunions. I just got a card in the mail yesterday for mine. I didn't go to my last one. I graduated Marine City class of 1992. For years after, the running joke was we didn't need a "Class Reunion", everybody would see each other every year at the Maritime Days beer tent! One day someone had the idea to hold one since we never actually did. That was our 17-year reunion. Better late, then never, eh? It was then decided to have another one in 5 years, so here it is: our 22-year Class Reunion. I find it absolutely hilarious but truly fitting. I seem to be a little late for EVERYTHING I do anymore. Why not a class reunion, too? :lol:

At the time I graduated, our class was the smallest at MCHS in like 20 years. Ironically, the Class of '93 was the LARGEST in about that time. You can imagine how he pep rallies went! We had at least 2 of our Class of about 120-or-so that have passed away so far. One was a good friend of mine. Cancer. Another one was a kid who was actually much older than the rest of us but kept getting held back and eventually graduated with us. There was a really strange circumstance surrounding his death. I won't expound on it here, but leave it to us Mariners to do things weird and creatively, even in death!

And TSB, you're only as old as you feel. If you're feeling old, you need to surround yourself with young people. Especially the pretty ones. I've heard they got a few of them down there! :wink: