Tippy Cow meetings

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Tippy Cow meetings

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Is it possible that if we publicly posted the Tippy Cow meetings on here that maybe we could grow them and turn them into a regular event? I was not informed of the last one and I missed it. I would like to be at the next ones if that's possible. Plus I have some patching up to do (You know who you are).
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Re: Tippy Cow meetings

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Probably not. They are usually very last minute and almost never planned.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

Plus only people in the GR area would care...
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

If you weren't informed of it and missed it there's prolly a reason.... You werent invited.

Not being from the GR area.... Where is said tipping of cow and is it's ice cream any good?
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

12Bridge
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 12Bridge »

Is there cow tipping involved at the end of the meeting?

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

BerkshireKid wrote:Not being from the GR area.... Where is said tipping of cow and is it's ice cream any good?
Grandville. I considered dropping in on the meet a couple weeks ago, but had a schedule conflict.
~ Charles W.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

12Bridge wrote:Is there cow tipping involved at the end of the meeting?
The cow there is drunk. That's how they make rum raisin ice cream.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

SD80MAC wrote:Probably not. They are usually very last minute and almost never planned.
Yup. Usually a Facebook-based "hey, anybody up for Tippy Cow at such-and-such a time?"

Now that you're on Facebook, I'm sure you'll either see it or get tagged.

Kyle never gets invited by tagging, yet for some reason he always shows up. Party crasher! :lol:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

I'm going to Tippy Cow with Mrs AARR around June 3rd. I think someone said the location in Rockford is worth the extra couple miles. Any suggestions guys?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

AARR wrote:I'm going to Tippy Cow with Mrs AARR around June 3rd. I think someone said the location in Rockford is worth the extra couple miles. Any suggestions guys?
You are confusing Tippy Cow with Arnies. Only 1 TC location in Grandville, multiple Arnies Restaurants including one in Rockford.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Raildudes dad wrote:
AARR wrote:I'm going to Tippy Cow with Mrs AARR around June 3rd. I think someone said the location in Rockford is worth the extra couple miles. Any suggestions guys?
You are confusing Tippy Cow with Arnies. Only 1 TC location in Grandville, multiple Arnies Restaurants including one in Rockford.
Thanks. Yes, I was confusing them. We're going to do both Arnies and Tippy Cow. Probably on June 3rd. Thanks, RDD!

Is the Arnies in Rockford different than Grand Rapids? GR was AWESOME but someone said Rockford is unique and different.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Arnies in Rockford was their first restaurant back in about 1975 and is in the old feed mill (with a newer addition). Menu should be the same, much different decor, lots of locval history stuff on the walls. The MIGN ran outside the door back then. Now it's the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail. Downtown Rockford has lots of little shops for Mrs AARR. :wink:

If you're into gourmet / special ground coffees, make a stop at Herman's Boy straight east from Arnies on on old Northland Dr.

http://hermansboy.com/4011/With_FL/Html ... ranch.html

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Raildudes dad wrote:Arnies in Rockford was their first restaurant back in about 1975 and is in the old feed mill (with a newer addition). Menu should be the same, much different decor, lots of locval history stuff on the walls. The MIGN ran outside the door back then. Now it's the Fred Meijer White Pine Trail. Downtown Rockford has lots of little shops for Mrs AARR. :wink:

If you're into gourmet / special ground coffees, make a stop at Herman's Boy straight east from Arnies on on old Northland Dr.

http://hermansboy.com/4011/With_FL/Html ... ranch.html
Thanks again, RDD. I'm planning on it. We'll see if things go as planned :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

BerkshireKid wrote: Not being from the GR area.... Where is said tipping of cow and is it's ice cream any good?
The ice cream sucks. We just go there because it's next to a dead rail line.

Raildudes dad wrote:
How did you know he wasn't confusing Tippy Cow with the delicious ice cream at Rocky's in Rockford? Had he mentioned Arnie's before?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:How did you know he wasn't confusing Tippy Cow with the delicious ice cream at Rocky's in Rockford? Had he mentioned Arnie's before?
Mrs. AARR and I went to Arnie's in GR last year. We'll try the one in Rockford this year. Planning on visiting Tippy Cow in Grandville too.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

AARR wrote:
J T wrote:How did you know he wasn't confusing Tippy Cow with the delicious ice cream at Rocky's in Rockford? Had he mentioned Arnie's before?
Mrs. AARR and I went to Arnie's in GR last year. We'll try the one in Rockford this year. Planning on visiting Tippy Cow in Grandville too.
Ahh. I was just wondering how Tom read your mind. Or did you post something about Arnie's in the past that I missed?
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

J T wrote:
AARR wrote:
Ahh. I was just wondering how Tom read your mind. Or did you post something about Arnie's in the past that I missed?
Bingo, we have a winner :lol:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote: Bingo, we have a winner :lol:
It's just so hard to keep up with all of Don's gazillion posts!

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:
Raildudes dad wrote: Bingo, we have a winner :lol:
It's just so hard to keep up with all of Don's gazillion posts!
Don has a troll :P Or maybe Don is just Irrelevant :lol:

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Hate to bump this up.... Oh wait... No I don't haha but i'll be in Michigan next week on vacay and would love to meet up with my Michigan peeps that I haven't seen in a while.... Just putting the bug out there that we should meet up one night for pizza and then maybe some cow tipping errr drunk cow errrr Tippy Cow
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.