Tippy Cow meetings

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Re: Tippy Cow meetings

Unread post by MQT1223 »

BerkshireKid wrote:Hate to bump this up.... Oh wait... No I don't haha but i'll be in Michigan next week on vacay and would love to meet up with my Michigan peeps that I haven't seen in a while.... Just putting the bug out there that we should meet up one night for pizza and then maybe some cow tipping errr drunk cow errrr Tippy Cow
If you follow Zack on Facebook he can put you in the loop.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

OMG really MQT1223?! He has a FB!? Im years behind!!!.... Or I can talk to him in the chat box like I did earlier.....
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

BerkshireKid wrote:OMG really MQT1223?! He has a FB!? Im years behind!!!.... Or I can talk to him in the chat box like I did earlier.....
I only said that because that is usually where the meetings are reported... :roll:

I wasn't looking for a smart remark.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

BerkshireKid wrote:Hate to bump this up.... Oh wait... No I don't haha but i'll be in Michigan next week on vacay and would love to meet up with my Michigan peeps that I haven't seen in a while.... Just putting the bug out there that we should meet up one night for pizza and then maybe some cow tipping errr drunk cow errrr Tippy Cow
Tippy Cow Tuesdays! Be there or be square. :D
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Tomorrow will the last Tippy Cow Tuesday for the year. They are closing tomorrow for the season. :(

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Raildudes dad wrote:Tomorrow will the last Tippy Cow Tuesday for the year. They are closing tomorrow for the season. :(
And for the last time at the current location! Landlord has told them to vacate by Oct 1. They're searching for other places to setup for next year in Grandville, hoping for opening by May 1
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Saturnalia wrote:
Raildudes dad wrote:Tomorrow will the last Tippy Cow Tuesday for the year. They are closing tomorrow for the season. :(
And for the last time at the current location! Landlord has told them to vacate by Oct 1. They're searching for other places to setup for next year in Grandville, hoping for opening by May 1
I am assuming a disagreement between the landowner and the business owner is leading to this eviction (if you could call it that)?

Standard Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Standard Railfan »

Saturnalia wrote:
The Tippy Cow should move into the old Amshack in GR. :lol:

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Heard they are staying in Grandville within sight of the tracks 8)

Going tonight about 7 , tomorrow the selection might not be as good :lol:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:Heard they are staying in Grandville within sight of the tracks 8)
They were supposed to meet with the Grandville mayor today. If that's true, it sounds like the meeting went well.
MQT1223 wrote: I am assuming a disagreement between the landowner and the business owner is leading to this eviction (if you could call it that)?
Not an eviction, but sometimes leases and/or ownership just cost too much and aren't worth paying (or it's not possible) if somewhere else is cheaper.
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Within the sight of the tracks was confirmed tonight but when I asked if I need to bring binoculars, there was laughter.

The antique shop is closed up, the building cleaned out. There's more to the story but not for the inter-web. I will share at the next dinner.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:Within the sight of the tracks was confirmed tonight but when I asked if I need to bring binoculars, there was laughter.

The antique shop is closed up, the building cleaned out. There's more to the story but not for the inter-web. I will share at the next dinner.
Oh, I know as well. However, it's better to be vague online and keep the details to in-person chats. I posted about it on FB last night saying "due to circumstances out of their control" and left it at that. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Raildudes dad wrote:Within the sight of the tracks was confirmed tonight but when I asked if I need to bring binoculars, there was laughter.

Was there any clue as to where the antique shop might be moving to or was their no info available?

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

No info on the antique shop. I don't eat antiques :D Only interested in ice cream :lol: (And one of the owners husband was a co-worker of my daughter :) )

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote: Was there any clue as to where the antique shop might be moving to or was their no info available?
Antique shop went out of business. I doubt it'll be opening anywhere else.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Are you referring to the antique shop that was next door to Tippy Cow? When I visited back in June it looked open for business (although I was there after hours and it was closed for the day).
J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Was there any clue as to where the antique shop might be moving to or was their no info available?
Antique shop went out of business. I doubt it'll be opening anywhere else.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Antique store is empty - only bare floor and walls. I concur w/JT, most likely not reopening