Question about Trainz

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Question about Trainz

Unread post by SteveTJ »

I just bought trainz2006 the other day and I am having a problem with a route I got from Auran's download station. I thought I downloaded it properly and its available in the surveyor part of the program but it is not available to run a train on. Can somebody tell me how get the route into the spot where its usable?
Steve

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

May I suggest posting your question at the Auran Trainz forums at: www.forums.auran.com/trainz there are alot of very helpful people there who can help (me included) A couple questions that should be looked into being answered are:

How are you trying to run a train on it? do you go to the Driver section and look for it; if so you need to add a train to the layout first; which is done in the surveyor section.

Do you have all the dependancies? CMP should be able to tell you if you don't.

Its nice to have another Trainzer in the area!

peter
Given the choice; I fly Amtrak.
American Trainz Group

SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveTJ »

Right now I have the route that I downloaded available to me in the surveyor section and I trying to get a train built to run on the line. I am still trying to figure that part out. I downloaded all the dependencies so it should be good to go. Any suggestions on building the consist?

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Cleaning up the other thread:

Mike Tabone:
Did you use the content manager to download the route? or did you FTP it? If you did either one, select manage content on the opening screen, find the route in "your content'' and right click on it, and select download, this will download all of the missing dependencies that you prolly have which would limit you. Also, if the hammer over wrench is showing lite up, select the route and its associated files, and press ctrl M to commit everything, or you can right click, and click commit, ither way it works. Let us know if that did anything. Also did you place a train on the route, and then click test drive?

SteveTJ001:
After playing around for awhile, I have the route in the system and available in the surveyor screen. I made sure all the dependencies are dowloaded. Now I am just trying to figure out how to build a train to run on the line and I should be good to go. hopefully
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

the easiest way to build a train and run it is:
-in surveyor open the map
-click on the trains tab (icon of a wheel)
-build your consist car, by car by selecting a car in the list provided and then -clicking on the track where you want it to be; a note: you cannot place a train right at the end of the track, it must be a few feet away.
-click the drive button on the top bar (icon of a guy)
-follow the on screen pop-ups (you MUST save the session)

peter
American Trainz Group

SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveTJ »

Not too long after my last post last night I figured that part out (train building). What was giving me problems was the length of time waiting for the rolling stock or loco to appear on the track. This game tends to run slow on my machine sometimes but is otherwise fine when I only have Trainz running. Will be looking forward to playing it when I get home from work this afternoon. Thanks for the helpful info Mike and Peter

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

The program tends to crash, with more than one thing running, just make sure you sign off of any message programs like AIM, and them darn pop ups from the computer telling you to update, also can cause promblems grr, I hate that.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

The game tends to run better if you have the display settings at Direct X (Especially if you have DirectX 10) Try it under that setting under "Preferances". I currently am at Direct X setting and it runs way better! BTW: What is your PC specs Steve?
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveTJ »

I'm not sure on what version of DirectX I currently have. Will have to check next time I'm on it. The machine I have is a Dell Dimension 3000 thats 3 years old which, as you can imagine, isn't exactly geared for heavy gaming. It has the pentium 4 at 2.8ghz with 1.5gigs of ram which I plan on boosting to 2gigs soon. I'm also not sure how much of that is allocated for video but I'll probably get a decent graphics card to boost the performance if I get serious into Trainz. The performance is actually pretty good on the Marias Pass route . But some of the other routes that I've downloaded that have a ton of detail slow it down some.

PerRock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PerRock »

What route are you trying to use?

peter
American Trainz Group

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

Still Steve, run at Direct X, it should run better.
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."