BNSF commits $1 million to sponsor Super Bowl

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
BNSF 1088
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BNSF 1088 »

FT. WORTH, Texas - BNSF Railway has committed $1 million to hosting Super Bowl XLV in North Texas, said Roger Staubach, the Super Bowl committee chairman told the Star Telegram.
The Cowboys legend, in charge of raising $30 million to host the big game in 2011, said Fort Worth-based BNSF has agreed to be one of 15 Founding Sponsors.

In return for its donation, BNSF will receive a luxury suite and an additional 50 tickets to the game, as well as hotels, limousines and other VIP tickets to events. The committee had previously announced Founding Sponsor commitments from Hillwood, Staubach & Co., Dallas lawyer and entrepreneur Ted Skokos and his wife Shannon Skokos, and the Dallas Convention & Visitors Bureau.

Staubach, who spoke Friday at the Stemmons Corridor Business Association’s annual luncheon in Dallas, said the region could expect more than $400 million in economic impact from the Super Bowl but needs the support of business and community leaders to make the game a success.

"We want to make sure that it’s done so well and it’s organized so well that we get it back again and we’re not just a one time with this great state that we have," Staubach said. (This item appeared in the Star Telegram Nov. 3, 2008.)

November 3, 2008
Director of Save Our Trains Michigan

BNSF Conductor Lafayette LA

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

Do they mean Founding or Funding?
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I like the way railroads are getting their names out in the public eye. I think that's a good thing to help people appreciate what railroads do for them and not just view them as something that causes accidents and makes them wait at crossings :roll:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Mike Tabone wrote:Do they mean Founding or Funding?
I think they mean Founding, as they want to host more than one Superbowl even though they're only signed up for one right now. If their efforts are successful, and they get to hold Superbowls on anything approaching a regular basis, the initial sponsors could be referred to as "founding sponsors"...
~ Charles W.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Remember where BNSF corporate offices are.