Does anyone play Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
kalvin1
Railroadfan...fan

Does anyone play Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

Unread post by kalvin1 »

I have all the guitar hero's except for Aerosmith and World Tour and have beaten them all on expert except for the boss battle on 3. I have Rock band and have beaten it on expert with the Guitar and half way though on Drums on expert.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Does anyone play Guitar Hero or Rock Band?

Unread post by Garry K »

Sorry, I don't play Guitar Hero. I play real instruments: accordions, piano, and harmonica. :-)

Garry K

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I play Guitar Hero and Rockband, but I also play the piano and sing (which comes in handy when playing Rockband on Expert).
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I can know how to play the piano. I was forced into the class my senior year of high school. Got really good at it. Now I can type faster than hell.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

Although I've been playing piano since the 1970s, I never got as good at it as I wanted. I'm now trying to learn to play ragtime (think Scott Joplin) and boogie woogie piano. Starting to get the basics.

I dunno, does playing games like guitar hero make the participants want to go and really learn to play an instrument? When I was 13, the Beatles, Beach Boys, and Rolling Stones were really popular. Most of my friends starting taking electric guitar lessons, but my parents didn't want me playing guitar like those "long-hair Beatles." They told me I could play the piano, but there weren't any cool role models who played the piano then (I came along a bit too late for Jerry Lee Lewis) so I didn't learn to play any music at that time. Finally when I was 20 I started taking organ and then piano lessons. Also had a gal co-worker teach me to play harmonica. And it's a small world, musically speaking, because that gal's brother is the current bass player in my zydeco band.

I always encourage everyone to go and try to learn to play music. I find it very therapeutic. Whenever a gal dumps me I crank up the Vanilla Fudge version of "You Keep Me Hanging On" and jam along with it on my accordion until I get her out of my mind. Usually takes an hour or so. (I wonder what the neighbors think at those times, listening to loud accordion or organ music!) Check out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_aWFaZgwerY for those who are unfamiliar with the tune. Vanilla Fudge sang the song the way it shoud be sung. I couldn't stand the Supremes version of it--they made it into a "la la" sort of tune. Vanilla Fudge sings it with lots of emotional pain. (Watching that video makes me remember how great it was with all the gals wearing mini-skirts!)

Garry K

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

My friends from work and I bought Rockband 2 for his PS3 tonight. It's got a great line-up of songs just like the previous Rock Band!
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

kalvin1
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by kalvin1 »

Im learning how to play real guitar and drums too.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

It's a good thing you're also learning to play guitar. You have the heard the joke, "What do you call someone who hangs out with musicians? Drummer." Guitarists are real musicians. (So are good drummers, actually, and most drummers can play other instruments too.)

Garry K

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

I play GH on hard but i want to play rock band. I am not instrumentally gifted.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.