Fast Food decision chart

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Re: Fast Food decision chart

Unread post by Jochs »

astrovanman1989 wrote:talk about hardies there buying places left and right up in the up of mi also citgo gas station are closin left and right up there every year i go to duluth and repair locos at the lake superior rr museum i had a $50 gass card for citco and guess what they all changed to a new owner
Really? Most of our BPs in SW MI switched over to AGO Stores, with Citgo gas. The Benton Heights BP also became a Citgo, not an AGO.
We also gained another Citgo when the Fairplain Mobil became a Citgo. (Benton Harbor Mobil stations, Kartar and Pri-Mart, are now also BP's. The Pri-Mart was a Citgo before it became a Mobil. The Citgo Pri-Mart in Bangor, and the other Pri-Mart in Benton Harbor are still Citgos.)
The BP in Stevensville (now a Go-Lo) used to have a Taco Bell, as did the Citgo Pri-Mart (now BP) in Benton Harbor. The BP Pri-Mart has (or had) a Subway in it.

Dino's in St. Joseph (old Mr. Steak building) has closed, and from what I understand will be torn down and replaced with a Buffalo Wild Wings.
Benton Harbor's Hardees and Arby's buildings still remain vacant, and the Sonic that was rumored to open in St. Joseph has yet to even be built.
I usually eat the Benton Harbor McDonald's or the Taco Bell in St. Joseph. The staff at the Wendy's in the Pilot in Benton Harbor aren't the best at taking orders. Last time I went there I had to go through the line 3 times to get my order almost right.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

I know of no Citgos around here anymore, any I can think of have became Valero or Diamond Shamrock. Something to do with Hugo Chavez hating America...

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

SW wrote:Was working in Salem, VA this week, next to Roanoke, and tried out a Zaxby's, a chain I've seen in the South. Kind of a cross between Kentucky Fried Chicken and Chick-Fil-A. Pretty much limited to chicken on the menu; the blackened chicken salad I had wasn't too bad.
I was in Miami last year and grew rather fond of Pollo Tropical, which has a Boston-Market-meets-Caribbean feel to it.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

There is a Citgo somewhere around North Manchester, IN. I've seen it on my various Marion Branch trips.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Archbold, West Unity, Evansport, Continental, Bryan, Stryker, Edon, Pioneer, Montpelier, Ottawa, Liberty the list goes on and on of what were Citgos that changed to a Valero franchise.

Valero, is American owned, American pumped and American Refined. Citgo is a wholly owned subsidary of a Venuzuelan Government run Corporoation hence why they all changed when Hugo Chavez started getting real loony. He is dead now but it seems that Citgo has backed out of the American market quite a bit.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

railohio wrote:I was in Miami last year and grew rather fond of Pollo Tropical, which has a Boston-Market-meets-Caribbean feel to it.
Yep, tried it a few times and liked it when I was working in the Ft. Lauderdale area.
Owosso Steve

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

Drove to a funeral in West Virginia last week.

Saw 63 Waffle Houses.
5 years on college faculties
34 years working on railroads

RR is more fun

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

MagnumForce wrote:I know of no Citgos around here anymore, any I can think of have became Valero or Diamond Shamrock. Something to do with Hugo Chavez hating America...
Benton Harbor/St. Joseph area has lots of Citgo, like this one on Main St. in BH.
Many of the BP stations became Citgo/AGO stations last year. Some have Citgo colors on their canopies but no Citgo signs.
Citgo/AGOs near I-94 have tall Citgo signs on the old Standard/Amoco tripod sign poles.
I saw an AGO up in Grant, but with AGO on the canopy.
There are 2 Citgo Primart stations in the BH/StJ area, and one in Bangor.
There are two Citgos in the small village of Lawton, and one Citgo/AGO in Paw Paw.
But then again, this is Michigan, and not Ohio.
I've noticed Citgos in Indiana becoming other brands, for instance, the one in Elkhart is now a Conoco.
Others have become "GoLo"
Jeff O.

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Jeff, you are most definitely not from "Around here" ;)

Unless you really want to stretch the definition of Northwest Ohio, LOL

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Lots of Citgo's along I-94 thru Chicago and into Wisconsin :P

To keep this in the fast food topic, unless it is gone, the Citgo in Cadillac, MI near Mitchell State Park has a Subway in it. :wink:
Jeff O.

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

On 4/28/14 stopped at a Waffle House in Key Largo.

New operators, awful food. I will keep the faith even after one bad experience.

I blame Bush.

RR is more fun

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

Earlier this week we ate 6 meals in Key West. I wonder how much, if any, .......... nah, better not to wonder.

RR is more fun

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Went to Del Taco, In-N-Out, and Jack in the Box this past week. That is all.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

MagnumForce
Angry Man

And your thoughts on Del Taco? Love the ones in the Toledo area.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

MagnumForce wrote:Jeff, you are most definitely not from "Around here" ;)

Unless you really want to stretch the definition of Northwest Ohio, LOL
According to my cell phone plan with AT&T, carried over from Centennial Wireless, Northwest Ohio is "around here." :P

Once I get over by Deshler I am roaming though. Defiance and Napoleon are in my home area though.
------
Oh, and getting back to fast food decisions, I'd rather eat at the Benton Harbor McDonald's than the St. Joseph one.
Though the Benton Harbor one is slower, the people there are more friendly. The manager at the St. Joseph one seems at bit snobby.
Jeff O.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Culvers Restaurant Franchises keep popping up like weeds. Three locations in Michigan alone are opening up...One on 23 Mile Road in Shelby Twp, one in Grand Blanc on Holly Road and one is even coming to Sturgis. In total there are 41 Culvers stores in Michigan as opposed to only 9 in Ohio. Theres also a Culvers opening up in Chesterton Indiana at 3000 Matson Drive.
Exit stage left

redside20

If your ever in Columbus for business or leasure, here is good pizza place to check out..Flyers Pizza
http://flyerspizza.com/

Here are also two Asian Places..The Ying Yu Chinese Restaurant and Thai Taste.... There not located in the best of neighborhoods, (In Linden) ..But they have the best Beef Curry Chow Foon in town.
http://yinyue-rest.com/

On the other hand, Thai Taste located in a much better part of town at Kenny and Henderson..They have killer Pad Thai..They are located at 1178 Kenny Center Mall on Kenny Road.
Exit stage left

redside20

Cheerwine is making its presence known in the Columbus area...It has shown up in several retailers and distributors, including a Rural King in Circleville.
http://www.cheerwine.com/find
Exit stage left

redside20

I read that Sbarros, the NY based Mall Pizza Chain moved there headquarters here to Columbus..WTF?
Exit stage left

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dmitzel »

redside20 wrote:Culvers Restaurant Franchises keep popping up like weeds. Three locations in Michigan alone are opening up...One on 23 Mile Road in Shelby Twp, one in Grand Blanc on Holly Road and one is even coming to Sturgis. In total there are 41 Culvers stores in Michigan as opposed to only 9 in Ohio. Theres also a Culvers opening up in Chesterton Indiana at 3000 Matson Drive.
Popping up like Daisy's because they're so good.

Count me in as a Culver's fan - Butterburgers and Pork Tenderloin sandwiches. Just wish they served Coke instead of Pepsi, but their Root Beer and Coffee is good.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.