Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Grand River in Lowell?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

Nope, you guys aren't even close.
Apparently I work on GEs now...

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Bulby wrote:Nope, you guys aren't even close.
Portland, Mi Looking east.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

Jetlink Driver wrote:
Bulby wrote:Nope, you guys aren't even close.
Portland, Mi Looking east.
Wrong state

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Might it be in Illinois, on the Keokuk Junction? It kind of looks like the Spoon River bridge that collapsed a while back.
~ Charles W.

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

MKT_fan11 wrote:Might it be in Illinois, on the Keokuk Junction? It kind of looks like the Spoon River bridge that collapsed a while back.
ding ding ding, we have a winner (Spoon River Bridge, 3-7-13). Now, for bonus points, which direction is the photo facing?

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Bulby wrote:
MKT_fan11 wrote:Might it be in Illinois, on the Keokuk Junction? It kind of looks like the Spoon River bridge that collapsed a while back.
ding ding ding, we have a winner (Spoon River Bridge, 3-7-13). Now, for bonus points, which direction is the photo facing?
Judging by the bridge hidden by trees on the left side of the photo, I'd say east.

Does this mean photos from states other than Michigan are fair game now?
~ Charles W.

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

MKT_fan11 wrote:

Does this mean photos from states other than Michigan are fair game now?
You once posted a picture from Clifton, Illinois (which I correctly answered :D)

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

MKT_fan11 wrote:
Bulby wrote:
Judging by the bridge hidden by trees on the left side of the photo, I'd say east.
Good eye, I'd forgotten that bridge was in the shot (thought it was completely obscured by the trees)

Since you're so good, I should make you guess which engine this was taken from... :D

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Well, I don't think it was one of the F's...but I don't know what other power they (you?) have. Looks like an early geep with a chop nose, maybe a GP20u. Could it be the 2003?
~ Charles W.

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

MKT_fan11 wrote:Well, I don't think it was one of the F's...but I don't know what other power they have. Looks like an early geep with a chop nose, maybe a GP20u. Could it be the 2003?
You sir, are correct. Photo was taken from 2003 (a.k.a. the only decent GP20 in the fleet...)

Consist was 2003-1752-2041-1750, and 2041 failed on the hill after crossing the bridge.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Bulby wrote:
MKT_fan11 wrote:Well, I don't think it was one of the F's...but I don't know what other power they have. Looks like an early geep with a chop nose, maybe a GP20u. Could it be the 2003?
You sir, are correct. Photo was taken from 2003 (a.k.a. the only decent GP20 in the fleet...)

Consist was 2003-1752-2041-1750, and 2041 failed on the hill after crossing the bridge.
Wow. I'll admit, it was a lucky guess. :oops: It's a perspective I've never had the opportunity to see things from before, and I appreciate your posting it here.
~ Charles W.

Bulby
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Bulby »

MKT_fan11 wrote:
Bulby wrote:

Wow. I'll admit, it was a lucky guess. :oops: It's a perspective I've never had the opportunity to see things from before, and I appreciate your posting it here.
Hey, its a good guess, luck counts for a lot these days.

If someone wants me to (and reminds me), I can post a few more from this trip. Most are under exposed though. (Lovely thing called film, dark painted cab, etc.)

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

59caddy wrote:Image
Milford?
~ Charles W.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MKT_fan11 wrote:Milford?
I was thinking the same thing, MKT. Or maybe Northville?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

Darn, too easy

How about this...

This track is now the Plymouth Sub

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

59caddy wrote:Darn, too easy

How about this...

This track is now the Plymouth Sub
Don't post images that can be easily located on Google, or that have index numbers on them. And try not to post links to images with the location name in the link- this one says Salem in the url.

It helps if you have your own photo or can load shots onto a photo host site where you can change the name of the file or remove the location from the file name before posting it here. It can also (although not guaranteed) make the photo location harder to determine... :mrgreen:
~ Charles W.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MKT_fan11 wrote:Don't post images that can be easily located on Google, or that have index numbers on them. And try not to post links to images with the location name in the link- this one says Salem in the url.

It helps if you have your own photo or can load shots onto a photo host site where you can change the name of the file or remove the location from the file name before posting it here. It can also (although not guaranteed) make the photo location harder to determine... :mrgreen:
I don't use those tools to guess. I go by the picture, the hints, and my little brain.

In this case Salem would have been one of my last guesses so you saved me some time :)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
MKT_fan11 wrote:Don't post images that can be easily located on Google, or that have index numbers on them. And try not to post links to images with the location name in the link- this one says Salem in the url.

I don't use those tools to guess. I go by the picture, the hints, and my little brain.

In this case Salem would have been one of my last guesses so you saved me some time :)
I only noticed it in the file name when I hit the quote button to respond to the first part of the post. My first thought was actually Plymouth.

I think there's gotta be a way to post shortened image URLs, like there are for links, but I don't know what that would be. It would make posting other people's images a lot easier, especially if credit is given where due. Seems like the fallen flag site should be a good place to find some good images at...
~ Charles W.