Fast Food decision chart

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Re: Fast Food decision chart

Unread post by redside20 »

Sorry LSDave...I'm sticking to this thread...Jimmy Johns is opening up another location here in the central Ohio area near me...but I will stick with the one I'm currently working at for now..The new location is on the southern edge of Grove City at the intersection of I71 and London-Groveport Road..aka State Route 665.
Exit stage left

redside20

So I stopped by a local Firehouse Subs over by Hilliard Rome Road (Hillard but technically West Columbus) for lunch. It was on a Saturday at about noon and I thought the place would be hopping, but when I walked in boy was I wrong. Out of two dozen seats in the store, two were only occupied and this was during a lunch rush. My turkey sub was meh and hardly anyone came in while I was there. Probably because the sandwich cost an arm and a leg, about 10 dollars and the employees looked really thrilled to be there as they were texting away on their phones. Also there a Panera, a five guys, a mcdonalds, a hot head burritos less than 100 yards away and stores like red robin, big boy, burger king, chipotle also nearby..That might have something to do with it.
Exit stage left

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

So, Brent....what's your favorite fast food place?

:twisted:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

redside20

J T wrote:So, Brent....what's your favorite fast food place?

maybe its this place
http://www.toppers.com/
Exit stage left

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

McTroll's, Troll King, Troll Bell, Del Troll, and Trollway.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

redside20 wrote:big boy, burger king, chipotle also nearby..That might have something to do with it.
Frisch's Big Boy in Hilliard has been closed for several months.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

cbehr91 wrote:
redside20 wrote:big boy, burger king, chipotle also nearby..That might have something to do with it.
Does Big Boy still associate with Frisch's (or Elias Bros, Azar's, Shoney's etc.) anymore. I know when they didn't associate with Shoney's it allowed an independent non-Big Boy Shoney's to open for a few years in Benton Harbor. It became a plain Big Boy later and is now a Sophia's House of Pancakes.

The Big Boy in Stevensville is just a Big Boy, no longer an Elias Bros. Big Boy.
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Jochs wrote:
cbehr91 wrote:
Does Big Boy still associate with Frisch's (or Elias Bros, Azar's, Shoney's etc.) anymore. I know when they didn't associate with Shoney's it allowed an independent non-Big Boy Shoney's to open for a few years in Benton Harbor. It became a plain Big Boy later and is now a Sophia's House of Pancakes.

The Big Boy in Stevensville is just a Big Boy, no longer an Elias Bros. Big Boy.
I don't know, I just ate there.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Consumers are opening their wallets wider, forgoing Big Macs and Whoppers for the pricier patties and customizable burgers they find at upscale burger joints.

McDonald’s U.S. sales declined 3.7 percent in August, its worst decline in more than a decade, caused globally by food-safety issues and sagging sales in China, but also including a 2.8 percent drop in the U.S. That’s the company’s fourth straight month of decline in its home market, which has seen a big shift in the past few years.

This sales slump follows a Consumer Reports survey that placed McDonald’s last in taste among its readers – well behind “better burgers” from the likes of Five Guys Burgers and Fries, The Habit Burger Grill and Smashburger.
Further reading: Americans belly up for better burgers
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

I'd tell you but I'd do it wrong .

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

MagnumForce wrote:

I'd tell you but I'd do it wrong .
:lol: :lol:

I would guess Kewpie Burgers in Lima!
Jeff O.

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Kewpee is good but not amazing and Wendy's burgers, frosties and chili are darn near carbon copies of Kewpee's

BIG AMISH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BIG AMISH »

Gotta try Penguin Point if you are railfanning North Central Indiana. The tenderloin and fries are the best I've had. Burgers and chicken are pretty good too. Locations are in Elkhart (3), Goshen, Warsaw (2), and Wabash. I think they may have more locations, but I've had too many beers to remember them now. The Goshen location is next to the Marion Branch on US 33 and a couple tables feature window views of the trains. The Lusher St location in Elkhart has some train theme artwork. The IN 15 location in Warsaw is next to the Marion Branch and less than a mile north of CF&E.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

I was in all those places yesterday and did not even notice said restaurant chain. I'll have to look next time.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

railohio wrote:
Consumers are opening their wallets wider, forgoing Big Macs and Whoppers for the pricier patties and customizable burgers they find at upscale burger joints.

McDonald’s U.S. sales declined 3.7 percent in August, its worst decline in more than a decade, caused globally by food-safety issues and sagging sales in China, but also including a 2.8 percent drop in the U.S. That’s the company’s fourth straight month of decline in its home market, which has seen a big shift in the past few years.

This sales slump follows a Consumer Reports survey that placed McDonald’s last in taste among its readers – well behind “better burgers” from the likes of Five Guys Burgers and Fries, The Habit Burger Grill and Smashburger.
Further reading: Americans belly up for better burgers
We've been running stories about once a week now about how both McD's and BK's sales are slipping both here and globally, for basically the same reasons. On a whim yesterday I had my first Quarter Pounder in years and I remembered why it had been years since I ate one! :)

I need to try Smashburger. There are several in the Dayton area.

redside20

In recent times...I have enjoyed eating at places like Potbelly, Q-Doba, Panera, Penn Station, and Graffiti Burger every so often...I am staying away from Firehouse Subs and abhor Five Guys. The one place I am willing to try again is Sonic even though I wasn't impressed the first time I ate there.
Exit stage left

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

I think Sonic has really went down hill. They don't even use real whip cream on their ice cream shakes and other products.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

redside20 wrote:...Panera...
Is Panera fast food?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

BIG AMISH wrote:Gotta try Penguin Point if you are railfanning North Central Indiana. The tenderloin and fries are the best I've had. Burgers and chicken are pretty good too. Locations are in Elkhart (3), Goshen, Warsaw (2), and Wabash. I think they may have more locations, but I've had too many beers to remember them now. The Goshen location is next to the Marion Branch on US 33 and a couple tables feature window views of the trains. The Lusher St location in Elkhart has some train theme artwork. The IN 15 location in Warsaw is next to the Marion Branch and less than a mile north of CF&E.
I've been to Northern Indiana hundreds of time and never been to a Penguin Point. ("The People Pleasing Place" according to their commercials they used to show.)
Here is a link to their website, and locations:
http://www.penguinpoint.com/locations.htm

MagnumForce, there is one in Ft. Wayne. Jump onto US 24 West and you'll be there in no time! :wink:
Jeff O.

redside20

AARR wrote:
redside20 wrote:...Panera...
Is Panera fast food?
What would you consider them to be? And what makes them standout say from competitors like Starbucks and Tim Hortons?
Exit stage left