Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Michael
Stuck in mud

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Michael wrote:One more. I know I have not posted this one before.
I think this is the asphalt station at Marathon Refinery in Detroit/Melvindale.

You were 2 for 3. Guess again.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:I think this is the asphalt station at Marathon Refinery in Detroit/Melvindale.
You were 2 for 3. Guess again.[/quote]
I would have bet money I was right on this...and I would have lost :oops:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT1223 wrote:Image

Anybody remember where and which crossing this nasty crash took place? Driver was suicidal and drove right into the side of the train and was killed on impact. My dad actually grew up with this guy, and my grandma/great grandma's house is right next to these tracks. One of them HEARD the impact. Watched trains here as a kid for, but from the opposite side where this mangled truck came to rest. Hints are available, but you shouldn't need one if you know where to look.

Didn't see you posted somthing first Michael... :oops:
Man Michael your on a roll. Since no one has even taken a guess at this I guess I will mention that this is on the Holly Sub.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

MQT1223 wrote:

Anybody remember where and which crossing this nasty crash took place? Driver was suicidal and drove right into the side of the train and was killed on impact. My dad actually grew up with this guy, and my grandma/great grandma's house is right next to these tracks. One of them HEARD the impact. Watched trains here as a kid for, but from the opposite side where this mangled truck came to rest. Hints are available, but you shouldn't need one if you know where to look.

Man Michael your on a roll. Since no one has even taken a guess at this I guess I will mention that this is on the Holly Sub.

I didn't mean to steam roll over yours but I had already cheated and saw the link for yours so I already know the answer :oops:

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Michael wrote:
AARR wrote:
Michael wrote:One more. I know I have not posted this one before.
I think this is the asphalt station at Marathon Refinery in Detroit/Melvindale.

You were 2 for 3. Guess again.
It is at least 50 miles away from the location you mentioned.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Michael wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:

I didn't mean to steam roll over yours but I had already cheated and saw the link for yours so I already know the answer :oops:
Thats why Im suprised no one has answered it. I did that on purpose. :wink: :lol:
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:I think this is the asphalt station at Marathon Refinery in Detroit/Melvindale. You were 2 for 3. Guess again.
Is it on NS's Wabash Line?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Just looked at the image name, but I figured it was near Holly anyway since you mentioned you used to live down that way. BUT you asked for the crossing, not the area, which is way beyond my capability as I've only been in the area a few times and don't know road names too well.

Sorry. :(
~ Charles W.

GTW6401
how bout no

Unread post by GTW6401 »

Its at Fish Lake Road. I just right clicked on the mlive photo you linked and found the original Flint Journal story from 6 years ago....

http://www.mlive.com/fenton/index.ssf/2 ... ms_li.html

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

GTW6401 wrote:Its at Fish Lake Road. I just right clicked on the mlive photo you linked and found the original Flint Journal story from 6 years ago....

http://www.mlive.com/fenton/index.ssf/2 ... ms_li.html
Thats all it took... Great Lakes Railfan you missed your chance on this one. Next one I do I won't be this easily hopefully.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:
Michael wrote:I think this is the asphalt station at Marathon Refinery in Detroit/Melvindale. You were 2 for 3. Guess again.
Is it on NS's Wabash Line?
It is one not the Wabash line but it is very close

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:
AARR wrote:
It is at least 50 miles away from the location you mentioned (Marathon Refinery in Detroit/Melvindale).
Is it on NS's Wabash Line? It is not the Wabash line but it is very close
Is it on CSX's Saginaw Sub?

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:Is it on CSX's Saginaw Sub?
Nope. It is on a shortline

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Burb8145 »

Name the location of this particular crossing signal.

Hints:
-Southeastern Michigan
-Not on a mainline
Last edited by Burb8145 on Fri Mar 20, 2015 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
If the women don't find you handsome, they should at least find you handy.
-Red Green

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

Now that's just crazy Burb.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

Jetlink wrote:Now that's just crazy Burb.
Added hints. Sorry about that.
-Red Green

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Michael wrote:I think this is the asphalt station at Marathon Refinery in Detroit/Melvindale. Guess again.
It is at least 50 miles away from the location you mentioned (Marathon Refinery in Detroit/Melvindale).
Is it on NS's Wabash Line? It is not the Wabash line but it is very close
Is it on CSX's Saginaw Sub? Nope, it's on a short line.
Is it on the ADBF?

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Burb8145 wrote:Name the location of this particular crossing signal.
Hints:
-Southeastern Michigan
-Not on a mainline
Is it the branch line or spur of a Class 1?

Burb8145
Railroadfan...fan

AARR wrote:
Hints:
-Southeastern Michigan
-Not on a mainline
Yes.
-Red Green

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Hints:
-Southeastern Michigan
-Not on a mainline
Is it on CSX?