Fox news makes a boo boo

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
MagnumForce
Angry Man

Re: Fox news makes a boo boo

Unread post by MagnumForce »

My Dad is the Sextant at the Local Cemetery, he was up there with some other township officials when a man pulled up in car not ten feet from them, walked over to a tombstone, pulled out a 1911 and blew his brains out while standing 10 feet from my dad. This was 5 years ago and my Dad still has nightmares about it, apparently the guy just found out he had cancer and it was his dad's tombstone.

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

All Faux programming should have a "viewer discretion advised" warning. :lol:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

hoborich wrote:All Faux programming should have a "viewer discretion advised" warning. :lol:
At that rate, MSNBC should have a "R" rating....

At the end of the day, it was a helicopter filming, not right next to the guy...you could hardy make out the gun. And what kids watch the news anyway?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

"Turn off the TV. Turn off the crap"! Jimmy Buffett
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

I find it funny how the reporter had to Apologise about that, like do they expect us to believe in a perfect world where everything and everyone is peaceful? And besides I've seen alot worse, his head didn't explode and there was no blood, all he did was just fall flat on his face...

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Do a search on Budd Dwyer, it's not pretty, incredibly graphic.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Y@ wrote:
J T wrote:
DT&I wrote:WOW thats terrible, way to go FOX...
Who cares? We've all seen Kennedy get his head blown off. Not to mention Lee Harvey Oswald.

Life (and death) happens.
Once again... Word!
Meh, I'm surprised the evening news doesn't look more like the storming the beach scene from "Saving Private Ryan" on a nightly basis for how ratings-desperate they are these days. After all, the media's lost so much credibility over the years with their blatant biases they need to do something to stay relevant. :twisted:
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

More morons running from police, this time on top of a stack train...died shortly after falling: http://www.ksat.com/news/Man-running-fr ... index.html
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

MagnumForce wrote:Do a search on Budd Dwyer, it's not pretty, incredibly graphic.
I checked that out this morning... It's strange, but seeing stuff like this doesn't really bother me. Is it graphic and, to an extent, sick? Yes. But at the same time, it intrigues me. I wouldn't call it a fascination, and I surely wouldn't say that I enjoy looking a dead people, suicides, etc... But it's something that just makes my mind kind of go, "huh, that's interesting."

Call me weird. I know I am.

EDIT: Forgot to add this... I'm sure actually seeing a suicide or accidental death in person would be MUCH different than seeing video or pictures. I wouldn't want to see someone I know (or anybody, really) take their own life firsthand.
Last edited by Y@ on Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bottom text.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

~Z~ wrote:More morons running from police, this time on top of a stack train...died shortly after falling: http://www.ksat.com/news/Man-running-fr ... index.html
Is it just me, or does that look like a Q131/132? :lol:
Bottom text.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

I watched that Dwyer thing too...multiple times more graphic than what FOX News showed...talk about blood.

Reading on Wikipedia, one Philadelphia station carried the press conference live and did not cut away when the action got heavy. Others cut away when he presented the gun. Two other Philadelphia stations froze the picture when Dwyer put the gun in his mouth but kept the audio going.

The same Philadelphia station that carried the full event live re-aired it uncensored on their 5 and 6 o'clock newscasts. A Pittsburgh station aired it uncensored at noon but did not air the video on their evening newscasts.

nssd70m-2
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by nssd70m-2 »

MagnumForce wrote:Do a search on Budd Dwyer, it's not pretty, incredibly graphic.
I've seen it multiple times.

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Y@ wrote:
~Z~ wrote:More morons running from police, this time on top of a stack train...died shortly after falling: http://www.ksat.com/news/Man-running-fr ... index.html
Is it just me, or does that look like a Q131/132? :lol:
Pacer Stacktrain w/KCS power, that whole clip could have been shot in Detroit! :lol:

"but it works in the movies!" thought the moron as he fell...

Pacer has some dedicated lanes around the country - the Q131/132 is obviously the one we're most familiar with.
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

That's more graphic than the video that is the subject of this thread.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

As the thread seems to be more of a discussion of overly graphic things out there, this might top even Dwyer.

Teens dive off a tall sea wall. All fine and dandy until you get your face a little too close to a concrete ledge, 40-50 feet below the jump point... and it doesn't kill you immediately.

EDIT: Removed the link, don't feel comfortable posting it directly, you can find it easy enough.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Keywords to search for that video, please. :twisted:
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Clay320
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Clay320 »

"head split in half" should help in the search. :roll:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Yeah, that's pretty nasty...but I've seen worse...things that can't be unseen! :lol:

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

Although it wasn't very graphic, some of got to watch when Jack Ruby shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald on live TV when the cops were moving Oswald from one location to another. So it happens.

Also, for you tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms, it's "Fox News," NOT "Faux News." Faux (i.e., fake) news is what is presented on all the left-wing news stations like ABCCBSNBCCNNMSNBCetc. Please get it correct.

Garry K
PS Zack if you want to ban me for this post, then you should also ban the haters who use inflammatory phrases like "Faux News."

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Garry K wrote:Although it wasn't very graphic, some of got to watch when Jack Ruby shot and killed Lee Harvey Oswald on live TV when the cops were moving Oswald from one location to another. So it happens.

Also, for you tiny-brained wipers of other people's bottoms, it's "Fox News," NOT "Faux News." Faux (i.e., fake) news is what is presented on all the left-wing news stations like ABCCBSNBCCNNMSNBCetc. Please get it correct.

Garry K
PS Zack if you want to ban me for this post, then you should also ban the haters who use inflammatory phrases like "Faux News."
Jesus Christ, get over yourself man.
Bottom text.