Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
gonzojoe
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Missing Malaysia Airlines Flight MH370

Unread post by gonzojoe »

I just heard on Fox News that a person named "Waldo" was listed on the passenger list.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

They Found The Plane

Unread post by James Sofonia »

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: They Found The Plane

Unread post by AARR »

If I were stranded on a deserted island with Maryann I might disappear for a while too 8)
Pixl wrote:Image
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

The least you could do is post a picture of Maryanne. Sniff :roll:
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

hoborich wrote:The least you could do is post a picture of Maryanne. Sniff :roll:
Here's Mary Ann, and Ginger, too!

BTW, Dawn Wells (Mary Ann) and Tina Louise (Ginger) are the only two surviving cast members of "Gilligan's Island."
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

dmitzel
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by dmitzel »

MDH wrote:But if you want to be serious, here's a good, thoughtful explanation of what may have happened:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh ... ical-fire/
That's a great write-up. Finally something that appears plausible, without all the cr@p rumors and "tin-foil hat" conspiracy junk.

Anyway, looking to my flights on DL mid-day Monday... not.
D.M. Mitzel
Div. 8-NCR-NMRA
Oxford, Mich.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

dmitzel wrote:
MDH wrote:But if you want to be serious, here's a good, thoughtful explanation of what may have happened:

http://www.wired.com/autopia/2014/03/mh ... ical-fire/
That's a great write-up. Finally something that appears plausible, without all the cr@p rumors and "tin-foil hat" conspiracy junk.

Anyway, looking to my flights on DL mid-day Monday... not.
Same here, MDH. This is the type of info I was hoping for. Thanks for posting!
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Sorry guys but all of it is nothing more than speculation at this point. Many theories have been posted on various aviation forums too, but still nothing more than a wild a$$ guess. There may be snippets of factual information being made available but the satellite owners (governments) don't want others to know the capabilities of their space critters. We aren't going to know more till the plane is found or they give up the search. BTW, being in aviation for thirty five years does give me some insight.
Norm

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I agree, Norm. I stopped reading and listening to the nonsense (on Fox and CNN) because it's just a bunch of speculation to fill time. Aliens? Divine intervention? Black holes? W...T...F?? The "experts" are losing their minds trying to come up with theories on what happened. :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Norm, did you read the link posted by MDH? I was wondering what you thought about it.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Well Don, Till the plane is found it's pure speculation. It does have some merit though in that if the plane were on fire the captain would surely be looking for the nearest airport. Thus far, I don't take any speculation, including my own, seriously.
Norm

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Well, what do you know...it's being reported that the jet went down in the South Indian Ocean. So much for all those crazy theories.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

J T wrote:Well, what do you know...it's being reported that the jet went down in the South Indian Ocean. So much for all those crazy theories.
Yes, it is, but they don't have confirmation that they have seen pieces of airplane. Sounds like more CYA by the Malaysian PM.
Norm

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Though there are believed to be no survivors, many Americans believe the search should continue, according to a recent poll.
http://www.wsbt.com/news/nationworld/po ... 0/25843352
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1