Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by AARR »

AARR wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:Let's try this one:
WIT 6.png
I'll try St. Johns?
Bump...waiting for an answer.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

AARR wrote:
AARR wrote:
MQT3001 wrote:Let's try this one:
WIT 6.png
I'll try St. Johns?
Bump...waiting for an answer.
Yes, that is correct
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

MQT1223 wrote: Should be easy to find, just a grade from a distance in a residential area. Considering all of my stuff comes from the Grand Rapids, Wyoming and Grandville area I figured it would be easy enough for ANYONE. These are some of my favorite abandoned railroad sites. If you want a hint, look for an elementary school.
Ok, those hints were good enough to find it, although not right away.
Looks like you are on Wallace Ave. in Grandview looking at the Grand Rapids, Holland and Lake Shore interurban grade.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Pixl wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: Should be easy to find, just a grade from a distance in a residential area. Considering all of my stuff comes from the Grand Rapids, Wyoming and Grandville area I figured it would be easy enough for ANYONE. These are some of my favorite abandoned railroad sites. If you want a hint, look for an elementary school.
Ok, those hints were good enough to find it, although not right away.
Looks like you are on Wallace Ave. in Grandview looking at the Grand Rapids, Holland and Lake Shore interurban grade.
Yes that is right. The Grand Rapids, Holland and Chicago railroad grade.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Your picture must be a little dated, because the images that you show has earth on both sides of the bridges. Both approaches are nearly washed out or are completely gone.
Yeah, probably about 5-6 years old, a few years before the flood of 2013. I'm sure that flood was responsible for much of the current condition. I can't remember what side the builder's plate is, but it could possibly be gone by now. Who knows.
I will go back and see if I can find it on Monday.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote: I will go back and see if I can find it on Monday.
I THINK it's on the east side of the bridge, south side of the creek.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I can't find any pics of this bridge online with a train crossing it. Strange. It's an active line, too.
Attachments
yellowtrainbridge.jpg
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

James Sofonia

Well the "NP" on the yellow bridge suggests Nickle Plate, but I see from historic maps the original NP tracks never made it into Michigan. Hmmnn..

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Pixl wrote:Well the "NP" on the yellow bridge suggests Nickle Plate, but I see from historic maps the original NP tracks never made it into Michigan. Hmmnn..
That's actually "M P" for mile post. I cloned out the numbers below it so it would be harder to figure out the location. :D

James Sofonia

Can you at lest throw out a NSEW quardant of Michigan?

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Pixl wrote:Can you at lest throw out a NSEW quardant of Michigan?
I wanted to test a few people first. But yes, somewhere in Michigan west of a line that would be drawn right up the middle. And south of a line that would be drawn maybe through Grand Rapids. :lol:

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: I will go back and see if I can find it on Monday.
I THINK it's on the east side of the bridge, south side of the creek.
Well I will see if I can even access it because you cannot get on the bridge from the south anymore. My picture was taken from that side. The North side has some earth left in it but last thing I need is to take a dip in Plaster Creek or break an ankle. I will walk to the north side to see if I can get on. Any clue when these tracks were removed? I have no clue where they went I was told they ended up by Chicago Drive and Burton or something like that. Kelvinator or something?

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

A walk/wade in a creek in MI isn't going to kill you.

In Florida, maybe. But the deadliest thing in MI waterways are humans :shock:

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:A walk/wade in a creek in MI isn't going to kill you.

Did you even SEE the east side of that bridge in my last photo? The water won't kill me it will be the fall onto a tree and get caught in that mess of a log jam.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

MQT1223 wrote:

Did you even SEE the east side of that bridge in my last photo? The water won't kill me it will be the fall onto a tree and get caught in that mess of a log jam.
Yup, looks like a nice bridge over to it!

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

MQT3001 wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:

You clearly have not fallen out of a tree before have you? Fall about 15 feet and land on your feet and tell me how your ankles feel... :|

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT3001 wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: Did you even SEE the east side of that bridge in my last photo? The water won't kill me it will be the fall onto a tree and get caught in that mess of a log jam.
:lol:

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

J T wrote:I can't find any pics of this bridge online with a train crossing it. Strange. It's an active line, too.
Was thinking around Battle Creek but not finding much of anything yet.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

You're getting somewhat warm. :)

95duck
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by 95duck »

J T wrote:You're getting somewhat warm. :)

Mattawan, corner of 60th/robinson and Glidden st. Michigan Line :)