Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

In the meantime.... SE Michigan. They paved right over the tracks. Bonus points if you know what business the tracks are on.
Attachments
image.jpg
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

ConrailMan5 wrote:In the meantime.... SE Michigan. They paved right over the tracks. Bonus points if you know what business the tracks are on.

PAVED? Kinda looks like grass to me.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Pixl wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote:In the meantime.... SE Michigan. They paved right over the tracks. Bonus points if you know what business the tracks are on.

I think he is referring to the road he is on out of frame...
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Pixl wrote:

I'm standing in a parking lot... Wasn't in frame like I thought. Tracks go right under the blacktop. There is an active mainline to the right
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Since I can't seem to get my picture on this thread before someone uploads a new one I will post my picture and wait for the other two to be answered. That should give people plenty of time.
Attachments
CAM01206.jpg
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

ConrailMan5 wrote:
Pixl wrote:

I'm standing in a parking lot... Wasn't in frame like I thought. Tracks go right under the blacktop. There is an active mainline to the right
Oh your referring to the road in the distance... I had to go back and look for that. Still have no clue where this is though. :lol:

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

MQT1223 wrote:Since I can't seem to get my picture on this thread before someone uploads a new one I will post my picture and wait for the other two to be answered. That should give people plenty of time.
That's the end of the old Conrail Hastings Industrial in Kentwood, formerly the MC to Jackson.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

59caddy
bag of holding

Unread post by 59caddy »

By a combination of clues in the screenshot and some posts you made that day, I'm going to guess that it's from somewhere along the Wabash Line where you caught B73. Am I right so far?

James Sofonia

well I might be giving the farm away, but here is a hint.

If you were to get in a car at Michael's bridge...
7722.jpg
You would rack up 499 miles to get to my bridge...
566.jpg

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

59caddy wrote:
By a combination of clues in the screenshot and some posts you made that day, I'm going to guess that it's from somewhere along the Wabash Line where you caught B73. Am I right so far?
I did not catch b73....
And no it is not on the wabash
I'll see if I can find a better picture
-Kurt Vonnegut

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

SD80MAC wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Since I can't seem to get my picture on this thread before someone uploads a new one I will post my picture and wait for the other two to be answered. That should give people plenty of time.
That's the end of the old Conrail Hastings Industrial in Kentwood, formerly the MC to Jackson.
Yeah you got it. Thought it might be tougher since this isn't on street view. The tracks end just ahead in the weeds, however I have found ties going all the way up to 44th and Kzoo, which just ahead of this photo is nearly impossible to walk this time of year. I'd like to go back to see if any relics can be found. There is also a sign nearby that says "End of Circuit". Any clue what that means?

Mark F
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mark F »

They just did some brushhogging at 44th and Kalamazoo and you can now see a rail sticking out of the weeds.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Mark F wrote:They just did some brushhogging at 44th and Kalamazoo and you can now see a rail sticking out of the weeds.
Like right at the intersection? I was just there a few days ago and the brush was as thick as can be.

James Sofonia

ConrailMan5 wrote: SE Michigan. They paved right over the tracks. Bonus points if you know what business the tracks are on. I'll see if I can find a better picture
I'm still poking at this one once in a while. Do you have the better picture or a bit of a clue?
Attachments
image.jpg

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Pixl wrote:
ConrailMan5 wrote: SE Michigan. They paved right over the tracks. Bonus points if you know what business the tracks are on. I'll see if I can find a better picture
I'm still poking at this one once in a while. Do you have the better picture or a bit of a clue?
Former LS&MS, business in who's lot I am standing is a storage/ uhaul. That ought to be plenty, but alas I do not have a better picture

EDIT: Not sure of this helps but th photo was taken by the fence in the background
Attachments
ReSize.jpg
ReSize.jpg (3.06 KiB) Viewed 1442 times
-Kurt Vonnegut

James Sofonia

ConrailMan5 wrote:Former LS&MS, business in who's lot I am standing is a storage/ uhaul.
Ok, I'll give it a few days, but I don't know much about the former LS&MS. Seems to be everywhere in the late 1800's

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Pixl wrote:well I might be giving the farm away, but here is a hint.

If you were to get in a car at Michael's bridge...
7722.jpg
You would rack up 499 miles to get to my bridge...
566.jpg
Guessing around Ishpeming or Iron Mountain. So many rivers in the UP(has to be in the UP if it's 499 miles away from southern detroit). Too many rivers to browse up there, sorries.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

James Sofonia

Well in yor car ride try going South on US 41. You will see it somewhere in there.
Not that many active rails left in the U.P.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Pixl wrote:Well in yor car ride try going South on US 41. You will see it somewhere in there.
Not that many active rails left in the U.P.
Near Iron Mountain?

It looks familiar, but I can't quite place it.
~ Charles W.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

Pixl wrote:Here is another shot of the same bridge.

Main street over the Cedar River in Spalding ?