Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Michael
Stuck in mud

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by Michael »

MQT1223 wrote:
J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:While Pixl's pictures are still up for grabs I thought I might once again throw my hat into the ring.

I think I might actually have a decent one here... fingers crossed! :D

A small trestle meeting a former grade crossing, quite a bit going on here.
And a one lane bridge in the background. Yeah, that's a good one. Hmmmmmmmm.........
I will say this JT, and this goes for everyone else that knows where the majority of my stuff comes from, it is NOT, I repeat NOT in Kent County. :lol:

This is also not on Street View, so your gonna have to dig for this one.

Is it in St Joseph County?

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AMTRAK rides these rails

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Michael wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:A small trestle meeting a former grade crossing, quite a bit going on here.
And a one lane bridge in the background. Yeah, that's a good one. Hmmmmmmmm.........
Can't be, I tore that county apart, don't think it's in there.

BDG
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BDG »

Michael wrote:AMTRAK rides these rails
Michigan Ave. near Leoni.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

BDG wrote:
Michael wrote:AMTRAK rides these rails
Michigan Ave. near Leoni.

Well done BDG :)

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

I'll do another while we wait to hear from MQT1223.

This 300+ foot spur off the main line (the first part of which is still used for storage) is all that is left of a segment that once went to Jackson and beyond.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Jonesville?
Michael wrote:I'll do another while we wait to hear from MQT1223.

This 300+ foot spur off the main line (the first part of which is still used for storage) is all that is left of a segment that once went to Jackson and beyond.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Michael wrote:

No sir. This location would be north of I-94 and south of I-96 and 196.
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:Jonesville?

It is Jonesville. Well played Mr Bond

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I would not have guessed it without your hint :)
Michael wrote:
AARR wrote:Jonesville?

It is Jonesville. Well played Mr Bond
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

MQT1223 wrote:
Michael wrote:

Is there even anything out that way, other than CSX and the Grand Elk, since it's not in Kent County?
~ Charles W.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

GreatLakesRailfan wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:
Michael wrote:

Is there even anything out that way, other than CSX and the Grand Elk, since it's not in Kent County?
Yes, plenty of abandoned stuff, which this is. Only the Elk and CSX are in the county my picture was taken in, on the very edges of the county...
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

South of 196 would be Allegan County, and both CSX and Grand Elk are on the "edges."

Hmm...
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

MQT1223 wrote:Yes, plenty of abandoned stuff, which this is. Only the Elk and CSX are in the county my picture was taken in, on the very edges of the county...
I think you are on the former LS&MS in SE Allegan Co. where it crossed Schnable Brook.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Pixl wrote:
MQT1223 wrote:Yes, plenty of abandoned stuff, which this is. Only the Elk and CSX are in the county my picture was taken in, on the very edges of the county...
I think you are on the former LS&MS in SE Allegan Co. where it crossed Schnable Brook.

No pun intended but your on the right track, wrong location.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote: No pun intended but your on the right track, wrong location.
I just followed that line from Allegan to Otsego, and then east of Plainwell to the Allegan County line. I didn't see any east/west dirt roads with a single lane bridge near the old ROW. Hmmm....
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

J T wrote:
MQT1223 wrote: No pun intended but your on the right track, wrong location.
I just followed that line from Allegan to Otsego, and then east of Plainwell to the Allegan County line. I didn't see any east/west dirt roads with a single lane bridge near the old ROW. Hmmm....
Jeez JT you must be off your game today! Never thought I would stump so many people on here after they have the COUNTY and RAIL LINE to search. :twisted: Guess my location is far out in the boondocks. Believe me I would not make my location up. If it helps, look in the distance on my picture. Down the road is an intersection with another dirt road. If you go left there is another one lane bridge.

I know what makes this hard to find also, the bridge on the right of my photo is totally concealed by trees if you look from above on google maps. Most of the ROW south of Dorr is HEAVILY overgrown.

I'll even give you a SPECIFIC AREA to search. If you are south of Hopkins your too far south. If your north of Hilliards your too far north. There is not another town in between those two that can get you any closer.

If you can't find it after that, fly a white flag and I will give the location away. Has there been a location so remote that people have gave up on finding it?

This is my final post for the night due to my five post limit. I won't be able to post again until midnight. I'll bump the picture up again so you don't have to search back so far, but until then good luck! :D
Last edited by MQT1223 on Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:40 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

**BUMP**
Attachments
CAM01246.jpg

BDG
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BDG »

MQT1223 wrote:**BUMP**
133rd Ave.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote: Jeez JT you must be off your game today! Never thought I would stump so many people on here after they have the COUNTY and RAIL LINE to search. :twisted: Guess my location is far out in the boondocks. Believe me I would not make my location up. If it helps, look in the distance on my picture. Down the road is an intersection with another dirt road. If you go left there is another one lane bridge.

I know what makes this hard to find also, the bridge on the right of my photo is totally concealed by trees if you look from above on google maps. Most of the ROW south of Dorr is HEAVILY overgrown.

I'll even give you a SPECIFIC AREA to search. If you are south of Hopkins your too far south. If your north of Hilliards your too far north. There is not another town in between those two that can get you any closer.

If you can't find it after that, fly a white flag and I will give the location away. Has there been a location so remote that people have gave up on finding it?
Ahh, I was going in the wrong direction. I was only searching southeast of Allegan and not to the north. I have a hard time keeping up with the names of all these old lines, so I was only going on what Pixl posted.