Where Is It?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Re: Where am I?

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Michael wrote:
~Z~ wrote:Image
http://i.imgur.com/twElKpS.jpg
Doesn't look like this business ahead has rail service. Looks like the google car saw this tractor ahead, and turned around as they didn't map any further.
Draw a line east and west, and this shot is located south of Lansing.

I remember seeing this exact image and thinking the same thing about the tractor but I cannot remember where it was. :(
As a hint, we are looking east on a section of railroad that runs directly north and south, and the railline ends a few miles south of this photo.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

~Z~ wrote:
Michael wrote:
Doesn't look like this business ahead has rail service. Looks like the google car saw this tractor ahead, and turned around as they didn't map any further.

I remember seeing this exact image and thinking the same thing about the tractor but I cannot remember where it was. :(
As a hint, we are looking east on a section of railroad that runs directly north and south, and the railline ends a few miles south of this photo.
So on the Jackson and Lansing???
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

@Zack...down the branch from Jackson to the south? Ex Cincinatti & Northern?
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

~Z~ wrote:
Michael wrote:

That hint refreshed my memory. It is Sturgis off Clark Street. Google Maps has it labeled the Morgan Olson Corporation

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Where 2 rail trails meet

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

The sign is not blanked out enough so I know the answer. Otherwise I'd never have guessed it without hints :oops: I think the line from bottom to top is the old Chessie/PM and from left to right is the old MIGN/PC/PENN.
Michael wrote:Where 2 rail trails meet
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

AARR wrote:The sign is not blanked out enough so I know the answer. Otherwise I'd never have guessed it without hints :oops: I think the line from bottom to top is the old Chessie/PM and from left to right is the old MIGN/PC/PENN.

Oh man. I didn't even realize that was Reed City's coat of arms/family crest symbol on the sign :lol:

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

~Z~ wrote:
Pixl wrote:While we look for Z's location (which doesn't exist) I'll throw this one up.

Clark St in Clinton, looking south.
That is correct. :D

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

That hint refreshed my memory. It is Sturgis off Clark Street. Google Maps has it labeled the Morgan Olson Corporation
Correct as well :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

AARR wrote:The sign is not blanked out enough so I know the answer. Otherwise I'd never have guessed it without hints :oops: I think the line from bottom to top is the old Chessie/PM and from left to right is the old MIGN/PC/PENN.
You can see this site from the roads nearby. I do like how the Pere Marquette Rail Trail and The White Pine Trail utilized the diamond. I wonder why it was never lifted?
1223 OUT! President and Founder of the Buck Creek Central, the Rolling River Route! (2012-2017) President and Founder of the Lamberton Valley Railroad, The Tin Plate Road! Proudly railfanning with Asperger's since 1996. :)

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

MQT1223 wrote: I wonder why it was never lifted?
So they could create something like this.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

MQT1223
O Scale Railfanner

Unread post by MQT1223 »

Did the PM and GR&I (PRR) ever interchange at Reed City?

James Sofonia

I found this photo on the net. It is supposed to be in Saginaw, I looked all over but could not find it. Maybe someone else can.

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I'm pretty sure they did but I don't know what kind of traffic they exchanged.

MIGN and Chessie interchanged at Reed City. Lumber and Natural Gas IIRC.
MQT1223 wrote:Did the PM and GR&I (PRR) ever interchange at Reed City?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Pixl wrote:I found this photo on the net. It is supposed to be in Saginaw, I looked all over but could not find it. Maybe someone else can.

It is probably this spot on Cumberland Street https://goo.gl/maps/mUe5h going to the TRW plant
The photo posted on the Saginaw city's website must be old because it looks like they "fixed" it in this 2012 street view image :lol:

James Sofonia

Michael wrote:
Pixl wrote:I found this photo on the net. It is supposed to be in Saginaw, I looked all over but could not find it. Maybe someone else can.

It is probably this spot on Cumberland Street https://goo.gl/maps/mUe5h going to the TRW plant
The photo posted on the Saginaw city's website must be old because it looks like they "fixed" it in this 2012 street view image :lol:
Michael, as usual you are right, verified with the rusty guard rail in the back. I didn't think about the age of the photo and skimmed over this spot a few times.
Last edited by James Sofonia on Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

I don't think this one needs a hint for you train lovers but we shall see

James Sofonia

Train "Lovers Lane" North of Three Rivers, mile post 31 from Elkhart.

Michael wrote:I don't think this one needs a hint for you train lovers but we shall see

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

Pixl wrote:Train "Lovers Lane" North of Three Rivers, mile post 31 from Elkhart.

Michael wrote:I don't think this one needs a hint for you train lovers but we shall see

YES! :D

Michael
Stuck in mud

Unread post by Michael »

New signals installed along this sub