what did you get for X mas?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Re: what did you get for X mas?

Unread post by railohio »

Add to my list a video "Norfolk Southern: A Tour of the Thoroughbred Volume One: Chicago Line Toledo - Elkhart" from CJW Productions.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

CharlieX90
Back from "Vacation"

Unread post by CharlieX90 »

From my view,i thought the moment when Steve's head smacked the ice is what did the damage to the neck..I can't keep up with ya on this hockey talk lol...you ever thought of writing a book Tops? Tho i must say the Avs/Wings rivalry of the 90's was one of a kind and very fun to watch.Everyone always marked the calender for when there next game against each other was..You had people fighting in those games that rarely fight..Forsberg from the avs..theres multiple wings that fought that weren't classified as fighters.When you watched those games you knew there was gonna be a fight.It wasn't a matter of if but a matter of when..and who could forget Vernon vs Roy and Roy vs Vernon.

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

CharlieX90 wrote:From my view,i thought the moment when Steve's head smacked the ice is what did the damage to the neck..I can't keep up with ya on this hockey talk lol...you ever thought of writing a book Tops? Tho i must say the Avs/Wings rivalry of the 90's was one of a kind and very fun to watch.Everyone always marked the calender for when there next game against each other was..You had people fighting in those games that rarely fight..Forsberg from the avs..theres multiple wings that fought that weren't classified as fighters.When you watched those games you knew there was gonna be a fight.It wasn't a matter of if but a matter of when..and who could forget Vernon vs Roy and Roy vs Vernon.
Haha...I've already written a book; it's just on here and in pieces. :mrgreen:

It's definitely something else what that rivalry was. I still love watching the game from March 26, 1997. Fight after fight. There's still a little bit of a rivalry there, but both teams have gone through a lot of lineup changes. Patrick Roy and Chris Osgood fought a year after Roy and Vernon went at it.

I sound like a hipocrite saying this but on the flip side, I would be very angered if someone broke one of the Red Wings' necks. I guess if you have it coming, not that it would make it any easier to deal with or make it right. Thing is, the Bertuzzi incident is in the past, people make mistakes and the intent was not to injure him. It was an accident, he was very emotional about it and sincerely apologized and was rightyfully punished.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

JUST AARON wrote:
TrainWatcher wrote:A Kenmore Vaccum
Washcloths
Towels
A Laundry basket
and Laundry Detergent....

:( They all thought I was moving!
Hope you got a skirt to go with all that. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

LMAO, Aaron... Jesus....
railroadfan wrote: and a knocked up wife(due in late July)
Oh Lord Its multiplying! LOL, congrats on the bundle of joy Z.

Big Frank
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Big Frank »

railroadfan wrote:some blankets
dress shirt and tie
a miter box
pain relievers
bunch of clothes
a book about peeing
and a knocked up wife(due in late July)
Sweet dude congrats!! if its a girl let me know if u need anything i have tons of new stuff my kid grew to fast and never got to use it not to mention a ton of other stuff if u want it
Beating Up Foamer's and Rail Nerds Since 1981... I h8 u all!!!!

Gov. Crappo
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Gov. Crappo »

railroadfan wrote: a book about peeing
uh........ :?:

congrats on the babyRailfan Fan....if ya need anything i got 2 lil ones....for loan....for training purposes.....let ya have em cheap...long term loans available..
i hate the interstate and the infernal combustion engine
nothing is sweeter then the smell of coalsmoke in the morning
"hey are you waiting for a train too?"

esprrfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by esprrfan »

2 SP (SPSF) SD40's and 12 exactrail beer cars :D

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Well.... Russ out did himself this year. I'm gonna be on the east side on the 17th.... WINGS GAME! :D I got a wings shirt to go with it. Also got Borderlands, NHL 10, MLB 09 the Show, Oblivion, and Saints Row 2. Oh and my bag of Walnuts. :D
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

astrovanman1989
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by astrovanman1989 »

atlas gbw c420

athearn
20000 gall tank dowx
8 axel hd flat car dodx

model rr mag 1 year subscription
mich rr club subscription

4gb + 8gb sd card
14 mp kodak camera
movie progector
$20 gass card
clothes
member of the
Soo Line historical society
DSS&A historical society
http://www.youtube.com/user/tricityrailfan

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

tsinoms wrote:Well.... Russ out did himself this year. I'm gonna be on the east side on the 17th.... WINGS GAME! :D I got a wings shirt to go with it. Also got Borderlands, NHL 10, MLB 09 the Show, Oblivion, and Saints Row 2. Oh and my bag of Walnuts. :D
I knew about the tickets wrapped in the shirt before you did :wink: Good luck with the game vs. the Blackhawks. eheh. Not that the game I'm going to is going to be any better :? We should have most of our injured players (save for Franzen) back by the time they play Sharks on 2/11 but 1/17 may be pushing it. We probably have some but not all back.

Typhoon
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Typhoon »

Mr. Tops wrote:
tsinoms wrote:Well.... Russ out did himself this year. I'm gonna be on the east side on the 17th.... WINGS GAME! :D I got a wings shirt to go with it. Also got Borderlands, NHL 10, MLB 09 the Show, Oblivion, and Saints Row 2. Oh and my bag of Walnuts. :D
I knew about the tickets wrapped in the shirt before you did :wink: Good luck with the game vs. the Blackhawks.
Well you can hope you guys will score at least one goal! :twisted:

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Typhoon wrote:
Mr. Tops wrote:
I knew about the tickets wrapped in the shirt before you did :wink: Good luck with the game vs. the Blackhawks.
Well you can hope you guys will score at least one goal! :twisted:
No kidding...it'd be nice. :roll: :P

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

The much-anticipated box from Portland arrived yesterday...

Two Japanese-language railfan magazines
The Box: How the Shipping Container Made the World Smaller and the World Economy Bigger by Marc Levinson
JPod by Douglas Coupland
The Bobby Gold Stories by Anthony Bourdain
A bunch of loot from Pacific Northwest transit agencies (Portland's Tri-Met, Seattle's Sound Transit, and Vancouver's TransLink) including passes, timetables, and maps
T-shirt from Powell's Books in Portland
Back issues of various railfan magazines (Railpace, The Railroad Press, Northwestern Lines, and Diesel Era)
Slides of Portland's new MAX Green Line and Vancouver's SkyTrain
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"