Fox news makes a boo boo

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
J T
Hates Supper

Re: Fox news makes a boo boo

Unread post by J T »

Garry K wrote: PS Zack if you want to ban me for this post, then you should also ban the haters who use inflammatory phrases like "Faux News."
:lol:

While I listen to Fox News regularly on XM, I still find this laughable.

By the way, I like Mittens and I'm planning on voting for him.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

I have to admit that most people think Fox is "Right Wing" because the "prime time" hosts are not liberal (and you must be one of the two right????). O'Reilly is right down the middle overall (He's not a "Big Gov't" person, so I can see where many liberals dislike him), Hannity, well, the liberals got him there. That's a right-wing show. It didn't used to be with Alan Colmes on there, but he left and Hannity got the show all to himself. Greta, she's kinda like O'Reilly in that she's not a "Big gov't" person.

So yes, the Prime-Time shows could be said to be leaning right-wing. But let's be happy that there are actually some right-wing shows on Fox because it's leftys everywhere else for the most part.

Curiously, many people associate Limbaugh with Fox News, and that is not ture. Maybe that's where they get the excuse to label Fox as part of "The Vast Right-Wing Conspiricy"

But, I think it's great that here in the United States we have the choice where we go for our news. In many countries, the gov't is the ONLY media. Look at Iran, China, Syria: no freedom of the press there. Unlike most if not all countries around the world, the right to free speech IS WRITTEN IN THE CONSTITUTION. Let's be thankful and move along. In our country, we get to freely discuss who will be the next president, Obama or Romney. In many countries, you have no choice who will lead your nation. Look at Libya, Egypt, and Syria: No voting there until just last year. In several democracies, not every one gets to vote. You have power in your vote and your right to free speech...something billions of people now and before us don't/didn't have.

I think Zack would agree that there is a time and a place for policital discussions in the land of the free and the home of the brave, but it's not on a train forum.
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

At least Fox is upfront about their point of view versus many stations who say they're nuetral when they are clearly liberal. Until Fox came along these stations were able to get away with their disception but not any more, they have been exposed and many are losing viewership as a result.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Stop turning this into political BS. It's supposed to be about death and all that fun stuff. Politics suck, nobody cares what anybody thinks.
Bottom text.

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

MQT3001 wrote:I think Zack would agree that there is a time and a place for policital discussions in the land of the free and the home of the brave, but it's not on a train forum.
Then why did you post a political discussion on a train forum?

This thread sucks, locking, thank you, drive thru.

Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com