Fast Food decision chart

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Fast Food decision chart

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

Lets set up a pool to see when the 1stImage will be built in Michigan They have 5 or 6 in and around Toledo
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

Isn't there a Waffle House along I-94 in southwest Michigan, near Watervliet or Coloma?
Owosso Steve

PlymouthStationGuy
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by PlymouthStationGuy »

SW wrote:Isn't there a Waffle House along I-94 in southwest Michigan, near Watervliet or Coloma?
I checked their web sight so far there is no Waffle Houses in Michigan
Plymouth Station Guy
Please do not poke at the ramp agent because he has the power to make your vacation
memorable or miserable. It all depends on what flight you bags go on.

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

PlymouthStationGuy wrote:
SW wrote:Isn't there a Waffle House along I-94 in southwest Michigan, near Watervliet or Coloma?
I checked their web sight so far there is no Waffle Houses in Michigan

Their website must be dated PSG. There are couple Waffle Houses on the west side of the state. Both right off I-94 in Watervliet and Lawrence. http://g.co/maps/fwe6q

csxt4617
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by csxt4617 »

There was a Waffle House at Watervliet and I think Lawrence, but I don't believe either are affiliated with the Waffle House chain (they didn't have the Waffle House style sign or building). The one in Watervliet one closed and just recently reopened as something else. Last time I looked (a couple years ago), they weren't franchising in Michigan yet. (just checked their website, looks closest ones to Michigan are in Toledo and points south.)

Michael
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Michael »

Your right. Google had those Michigan locations listed as part of the national chain of Waffle House, even linking to their website, but customer reviews and photos showed it was not.

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

A Hooters Restaurant in Mishawaka Indiana is closing
http://www.wsbt.com/business/wsbt-misha ... 2988.story
Exit stage left

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

redside20 wrote:A Hooters Restaurant in Mishawaka Indiana is closing
http://www.wsbt.com/business/wsbt-misha ... 2988.story
A few have closed around the Detroit area. They face increased competition and down-economy.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

csxt4617 wrote:There was a Waffle House at Watervliet and I think Lawrence, but I don't believe either are affiliated with the Waffle House chain (they didn't have the Waffle House style sign or building). The one in Watervliet one closed and just recently reopened as something else. Last time I looked (a couple years ago), they weren't franchising in Michigan yet. (just checked their website, looks closest ones to Michigan are in Toledo and points south.)
I believe it is called "Charlies" and they also cater. I also remember seeing "Waffle House of America" restaurants in Indiana, which weren't affiliated with the 24/7 hours of the Waffle House.
4617 and I ate at a regular 24 hr Waffle House on Christmas eve about 9 or 10 yrs ago on the way to FL and the waitress said she was told she had to work on Christmas or she would be let go. The "Waffle House" in Lawrence will probably (most likely) be closed on Christmas day, as it is not a true Waffle House.
The official Waffle House website:
http://wafflehouse.com
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

Here are some pictures of the "Waffle House of America" in Lawrence, MI. One I snapped while driving by on the highway, the others were of storm damage last summer. Their sign got a little wind damage.
Jeff O.

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

There is a NEW Hardee's at Gas City, Indiana at I-69 and U.S. 35.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

So, has anyone had a McRib since it returned? I had my first one ever the other day and I was disappointed. It appears McD's uses the same slab of meat and sauce that Banquet uses in their Boneless Pork Rib microwave meal:

I've had quite a few of those over the years, and the McRib tasted exactly the same.

Now why would I want to pay $2.49 for something I can get for 99 cents in the frozen foods section at Meijer?
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

J T wrote:So, has anyone had a McRib since it returned? I had my first one ever the other day and I was disappointed. It appears McD's uses the same slab of meat and sauce that Banquet uses in their Boneless Pork Rib microwave meal:

I've had quite a few of those over the years, and the McRib tasted exactly the same.

Now why would I want to pay $2.49 for something I can get for 99 cents in the frozen foods section at Meijer?
10 for $10 this week at Harding's Markets in Southern Michigan/Northern Indiana.
Jeff O.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Jochs wrote: 10 for $10 this week at Harding's Markets in Southern Michigan/Northern Indiana.
99 cents all the time at Meijer! :P
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

J T wrote:
Jochs wrote: 10 for $10 this week at Harding's Markets in Southern Michigan/Northern Indiana.
And it's probably quicker to go buy one, take it home, and heat it up than to go to McDonald's. The Benton Harbor McDonald's has a slow drive-thru, and the counter service isn't much faster in the restaurant. They really take the "fast" out of fast food. :?
Jeff O.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

J T wrote:So, has anyone had a McRib since it returned? I had my first one ever the other day and I was disappointed. It appears McD's uses the same slab of meat and sauce that Banquet uses in their Boneless Pork Rib microwave meal:

The fact that the box says "shaped patty meal" makes me just not want to eat it.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Conrail Jon wrote: The fact that the box says "shaped patty meal" makes me just not want to eat it.
You probably shouldn't try a McRib then.

Also, have you ever had a chicken nugget? Or a hot dog? Or a hamburger? Those are all "shaped" meat. :P

penn central
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by penn central »

There used to be a Hardees next to Genesse Street yard in Saginaw it closed in 2001, It was a National City bank after that and now it's some kind of Consignment shop. It's in between Hot-N-Now, and McDonald's, On Michigan Avenue, The Restaurant opened as a Burger Chef in 1978 and was bought out by Hardees in 1982. Back in the 1980's in the morning used to get there Cinnamon Raisin Biscuits and go down into the yard to watch the action, And for lunch get there Berger it was called the Big Deluxe and go into the yard filling my face and watching the GTW and after the CMGN took over them. The CMGN.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

J T wrote:
Actually, I saw yesterday they were 5 for $5, or a $1 a piece..the same price as Harding's.
This is still lots cheaper than eating at McDonald's, and you can take them home and have a beer with them, which you can't do at McDonald's. :wink: :wink:
Jeff O.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Arby's traditional fries are (were) my favorites. They were taken off the menu many years ago. Maybe they brought them back???

I see BK is adding their own version of the Arby's Home-Style fries. If I were younger like many of you I would be at BK every day just for these fries!!!

http://lifeinc.today.msnbc.msn.com/_new ... et-thicker
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...