IC 6060 Versus Truck!

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
TrainWatcher
The Beast

IC 6060 Versus Truck!

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Wicked!

GTW6401
how bout no

Re: IC 6060 Versus Truck!

Unread post by GTW6401 »

This on the Freeport Sub in Villa Park, Illinois.

Unfortunately, Ive seen it about 5 times on this website already.

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Almost knocked down those signals -- literally.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

A couple of the early clips almost look like GTW units with the redish orange front ends :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

I bet the conductor was on the floor.
Mark it Zero.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

JUST AARON wrote:I bet the conductor was on the floor.
Guaranteed :!: (Been there, done that, got the t-shirt - on my first trip out as a conductor -:shock: )

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Raildudes dad wrote:Guaranteed :!: (Been there, done that, got the t-shirt - on my first trip out as a conductor -:shock: )
I didn't know that happened to you. Was it on a TSBY excursion?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

AARR wrote:
Raildudes dad wrote:Guaranteed :!: (Been there, done that, got the t-shirt - on my first trip out as a conductor -:shock: )
I didn't know that happened to you. Was it on a TSBY excursion?
Light engine(s) Owosso to Mt Pleasant to reposition the excursion train. Pickup with a 2 axle trailer with a big die for Delphi at Summerton Road south of MT Pleasant (before the signals & gates - just stop signs). Tossed the trailer and die into the ditch, the pickup took out the telephone pole for the streetlight over the crossing and ended on it's side in a deep ditch. Fortunately no one hurt. Very helpless feeling watching knowing your going to nail him. And yes, I crouched down on the floor below window level to avoid the flying debris.

The dude told the deputy he wasn't going that fast - his cruse was set for 55 and it hadn't reached it yet :roll: The die was so heavy, when he saw us he tried to stop, realized he wasn't going to make it and then tried to beat us :roll: :roll: :roll: . We finally got stopped and I got to walk back to the crossing, Very long walk with legs like jello - I thought I was going to find a fatal.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

Raildudes dad wrote:Light engine(s) Owosso to Mt Pleasant to reposition the excursion train. Pickup with a 2 axle trailer with a big die for Delphi at Summerton Road south of MT Pleasant (before the signals & gates - just stop signs). Tossed the trailer and die into the ditch, the pickup took out the telephone pole for the streetlight over the crossing and ended on it's side in a deep ditch. Fortunately no one hurt. Very helpless feeling watching knowing your going to nail him. And yes, I crouched down on the floor below window level to avoid the flying debris.

The dude told the deputy he wasn't going that fast - his cruse was set for 55 and it hadn't reached it yet :roll: The die was so heavy, when he saw us he tried to stop, realized he wasn't going to make it and then tried to beat us :roll: :roll: :roll: . We finally got stopped and I got to walk back to the crossing, Very long walk with legs like jello - I thought I was going to find a fatal.
Thank goodness no one was hurt. Seems like there's a fair share of incidents like what you encountered in the central MI area. Must be the corn :)

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

That's why the Southern and a few other roads used to run long hood forward.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".