ship museume opens

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
GT Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

ship museume opens

Unread post by GT Railfan »

For those of you like the mix of trains and ships, the S.S. Valley Camp museume in sault ste. marie is open again for another season. Thought you would like to know.
Happy railfanning, Bob. 8)

BB
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BB »

I've never been in there. Is it pretty interesting?
MQT Rail pictures at [url=http://bbarch_railfan.rrpicturearchives.net/default.aspx]RRPictureArchives.NET[/url]
Brandon

GT Railfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GT Railfan »

BB,
the valley Camp is a very interesting museume. I had to film a school project on it in November. The ship offers a great look at what life on the great lakes is like. You get to see the Pilot house, engine room, boiler room, captains quaters, and many more rooms. They also have the original two life boats from the Edmund Fitzgerald. The museume is a great place to tour your self or to take the family. Tours dont cost much and it is self guided. If you do happen to go there, ask for The Curiator of the Museume. Marc Svatora. Tell him Bob says Hi. You cant miss the VC. It is right next to the edison power plant and also next to the Soo locks boat tour dock. Hope this is of help to you. Enjoy.
Happy Railfanning, Bob 8)