NICE AMTK vs CAR

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
A No.1
To Portland

NICE AMTK vs CAR

Unread post by A No.1 »

Mark it Zero.

MDH
rp.net addict

Re: NICE AMTK vs CAR

Unread post by MDH »

In related videos, I rather like this staged train vs. school bus one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=poomuKzSGZA

That really dramatically shows differential effect of the impact!

Michael
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

Buster Manning
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Buster Manning »

Some of my old stompin' grounds; train is # 20, lady was plastered, turned down the tracks instead of the road running parallel to tracks, car ended up wrapped around front of engine and of course, it caught on fire and damaged the lead unit. The territory is quite curvy here, so the engineer didn't have much notice, he got out ok and is doing fine the sorta crazy s.o.b.that he is :wink: :wink:

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Did the train try to slow down before impact? It didn't seem like it :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

AARR wrote:Did the train try to slow down before impact? It didn't seem like it :?
If he came 'round a curve, saw it, thought "WTF!!!!" and then threw it into emergency, it'd still probably look just like that. It takes a good while to break from full track speed even for Amtrak. Remember the one that nailed those kids in MI last year slid for the better part of a mile after hitting them before it finally stopped. Likewise with the time in Toledo when the Capitol hit a couple kids.
Michael Harding
P&WV fan in HO

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

MDH wrote:
AARR wrote:Did the train try to slow down before impact? It didn't seem like it :?
If he came 'round a curve, saw it, thought "WTF!!!!" and then threw it into emergency, it'd still probably look just like that. It takes a good while to break from full track speed even for Amtrak. Remember the one that nailed those kids in MI last year slid for the better part of a mile after hitting them before it finally stopped. Likewise with the time in Toledo when the Capitol hit a couple kids.
I guess I was expecting to see sparks and hear the grinding of metal on metal :?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hoborich
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hoborich »

That chick could barely walk. Must have been ladies night at the bowling alley.
"Ask your doctor if medical advice from a TV commercial is right for you".