Moscow driving

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Old Hogger
Railroadfan...fan

Moscow driving

Unread post by Old Hogger »

Cool video of what it's like driving in Moscow.

http://avva.livejournal.com/2260552.html

And be sure to watch for the pedestrians, just as dangerous to walk.

See ya
Larry

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Re: Moscow driving

Unread post by AARR »

The sound just amplifies how hard hitting those crashes are...even when the pedestrians get hit it makes me cringe
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Um Don they are pre recorded sounds. Just keeps playing the same ones over and over.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

sd70accsxt700 wrote:Um Don they are pre recorded sounds. Just keeps playing the same ones over and over.
:lol: :oops:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

Can you believe we used to be scared of these people? :roll: On the other hand, maybe it would be a good career choice to start a wrecker service in Moscow.
Nick

willardgarrett
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by willardgarrett »

I believe that Moscow has the largest subway system in terms of both ridership and length. I'm glad most people there use that mode of transport instead. I know I would if I were there, due to both cost and....this.

On another note, you could probably make a "highlight reel" video like this for every city in the world.

The bottom line is, I made this thread rail-related :mrgreen:
The B&O mainline through Ohio- the "diamond route"

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

Not a place I would want to drive (or walk) around. Couple of things I noticed:
1. The ability of the other drivers to avoid a chain reaction (most of the time)
2. A couple of times the offending red-light blower often just slowed up and then kept going after impact.
3. The apparent air-headedness of the pedestrians. Didn't seem to be watching the traffic at all.
Owosso Steve

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

GrandTrunkFan wrote:Can you believe we used to be scared of these people?
We had good right to be scared. Communist Russia is one of the most murderous regimes in history. It's estimated that Stalin alone accounted for 50-100 million human deaths. Predominately people who did not agree with the government. Communist China is up there too in human deaths.

Jochs
Iron Horse Whisperer

Unread post by Jochs »

GrandTrunkFan wrote:Can you believe we used to be scared of these people? :roll: On the other hand, maybe it would be a good career choice to start a wrecker service in Moscow.
You could probably also make a fortune opening a body shop...or being an insurance adjuster. :lol:
Jeff O.
Celebrating 11 years dial-up free!

(18:36:45) MagnumForce: Railfanning is way more fun when you stop caring about locomotives and signals
(19:11:29) cbehr91: I can't believe I'm +1ing Brent but +1

GrandTrunkFan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GrandTrunkFan »

Jochs wrote:
GrandTrunkFan wrote:Can you believe we used to be scared of these people? :roll: On the other hand, maybe it would be a good career choice to start a wrecker service in Moscow.
You could probably also make a fortune opening a body shop...or being an insurance adjuster. :lol:
Or start all 3! :lol:
Nick