For all you huskies out there!

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

For all you huskies out there!

Unread post by tsinoms »

The huskies played the wolverines tonight in the gli. Sadly, we lost 4-2 but our husky band out played the alum from u of m but oh well. Tomorrow we play msu for third. So after this experience, I have to ask... how many games have u been to and what did u think of it? LET'S GO HUSKIES|
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Re: For all you huskies out there!

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Went to most GLI's when my daughter went there and sevral more after she graduated. The Joe ia dump AFAIC, Pep band which my daughter played in is just awesome (that's why we went). Not a music major at the school and they put most college bands to shame. Their concerts in the Rosea are fantastic 8) . Watch the clip from the football game against GVSU at the Big House in 2005 :D .
Hockey team held in there last night but overall, something is broke :cry: 13 game losing streak, dead last in the WCHA with 1 win :cry:

GTWFRED
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWFRED »

I actually go to Games! One of the few exciting "better known" college sports left, not spoiled by hype,...How's college life up there?

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

GTWFRED wrote:I actually go to Games! One of the few exciting "better known" college sports left, not spoiled by hype,...How's college life up there?
Trevor will be a freshman next year :) . You attend/graduate from Tech? Both my daughter & I did, BSCE's. SW did as well BSME IIRC, PSK is a Tech civil grad too :) Or are you a Wolverine or Spartan :lol:

Fred
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Fred »

Even though I am a Redwing season ticket holder I get out to Yost as often as I can as it is a great place to watch college hockey. Was at the GLI last night, good games but atmosphere just not the same. Yes, the Tech band was very entertaining but hard to compare with an Alumni Band whose membership spans over many years and probably only gets to play a couple of times a year. I'm sure a current college band member has a lot more energy & stamina than one who has been away from it for 15+ years.. I got tired just watching the Tech band members jumping up & down while playing !

GTWFRED
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWFRED »

Raildudes Dad:
My best friends 3 boys graduated there & I did go to the games. I do root for the Spartans, thank you. And you?

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

GTWFRED wrote:Raildudes Dad:
My best friends 3 boys graduated there & I did go to the games. I do root for the Spartans, thank you. And you?
Tech fan all the way, Michigan's Toughest University says it in the initials MTU :lol: :lol:. It's depressing watching the hockey team but hope springs eternal I guess :)

Mick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Mick »

Tech and Northern (NMU, or enema-U) used to have some good games in Marquette and Houghton back in the '80's. Regardless of how well they were playing in the season, that was always a great rivalry, too. (I'm a life-long hockey fan, and am going to see the Wings play the Flyers at The Joe Sunday)
Before Northern had a hockey team, Marquette's team was the Iron Rangers in the old United States Hockey League. Two of my older brothers very briefly played for them, and that was back in the days when the Carlson Brothers also were on the team. Two of them (Jeff and Steve) went on to become The Hanson Brothers in the movie, Slapshot. When Paul Newman (Coach Reggie Dunlap) asks team owner Strother Martin, "Where'd you find these jerk-offs??" he replies, "They were playing up in the Iron Leagues", I guess it's the closest thing to fame that team had! (Third brother Jack Carlson got called up to the WHA before the movie was shot, and Dave Hanson took his place and gave the brothers their movie name) They were remarkably like their characters in the movie; and in the 1970's, Marquette had seen nothing like them before! But also just like in the movie, it wasn't enough to save the team.

Mick
"Jump Sim, and save yourself!"
---Casey Jones' last words to fireman Sim Webb

GTWFRED
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GTWFRED »

Ironically I was accepted to go to Lake Superior State, when i got a free "guided tour" overseas, so my soon to be major was "changed". Husky, or Laker, they're both great schools. (But I still bleed Green) :D

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

See the problem with tech is they have no offense. They have the goalie and d... but just can't get in the zone.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.