BEERTRAIN WENT TO BRISTOL PA

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
A No.1
To Portland

BEERTRAIN WENT TO BRISTOL PA

Unread post by A No.1 »

So my cousin Andy whent to Bristol.

Here's the video.

BTW, This was video of the day on Train Orders.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VDKy4shVQjo
Last edited by A No.1 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mark it Zero.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: BEERTRAIN WENT TO BRISTOL PA

Unread post by AARR »

So how fast do you think they are traveling?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

Ill have to get him to chime in.
Mark it Zero.

beertrain
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by beertrain »

I'm guessing they were doing about 90mph through there. I'm hoping to ride the Acela this summer between Philly and Boston. I guess there are a few places where they get up to 150mph.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I kept waiting for a beer train to show up in that video. :P
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

I was looking for the Budweiser car too:) I've ridden RT Hartford to NYC and Wash DC to NYC. The regular trains were running 90 mph and the Metroliner from Wash DC ran 125 mph. It was pretty sweet passing cars on I-95 at about twice the speed they were traveling.

Note: Amtrak is running on the inside track, they are not stopping at the commuter stations. It is a quiet trip, no whistles since everything is grade separated. The day I rode from Hartford, the train was whistling the commuter stops but not stopping. I asked the conductor why and he said, when we run the outside track due to MOW work on the inside track we blow for the commuter stations so the passengers on the boarding platform are warned we're passing thru at 90 :lol:

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

J T wrote:I kept waiting for a beer train to show up in that video. :P
Me too. I thought it might be that Coors unit tank train that runs a couple times or so a week from Golden, CO, to ???
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

beertrain
Railroadfan...fan

Sorry to disappoint you all with no beer train in the video. Its my username that is beertrain. A little history for you: Along with enjoying beer, I also manage a beer distributor, and since I'm a train nut I figured I'd make my username beertrain. One of these days I'll take some pictures or video of the beer train on my layout to satisfy your thirst.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

beertrain wrote:...I also manage a beer distributor...
Does your beer dist receive rail service?

willardgarrett
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by willardgarrett »

Raildudes dad wrote:I was looking for the Budweiser car too:) I've ridden RT Hartford to NYC and Wash DC to NYC. The regular trains were running 90 mph and the Metroliner from Wash DC ran 125 mph. It was pretty sweet passing cars on I-95 at about twice the speed they were traveling.

Note: Amtrak is running on the inside track, they are not stopping at the commuter stations. It is a quiet trip, no whistles since everything is grade separated. The day I rode from Hartford, the train was whistling the commuter stops but not stopping. I asked the conductor why and he said, when we run the outside track due to MOW work on the inside track we blow for the commuter stations so the passengers on the boarding platform are warned we're passing thru at 90 :lol:
Was this metroliner "back in the day," or are you talking about the Northeast Regional? I believe that the Metroliners were replaced by "le cochon."
The B&O mainline through Ohio- the "diamond route"

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

willardgarrett wrote: Was this metroliner "back in the day," or are you talking about the Northeast Regional? I believe that the Metroliners were replaced by "le cochon."
Back in the day - mid 90's :lol:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

beertrain wrote:Along with enjoying beer, I also manage a beer distributor....
Really...well maybe you can help me out then. Where the heck in Michigan can I find a good selection of Dogfish Head beer? Specifically:

Found it a few times in GR back in the fall, but it has since disappeared (as well as most of the other DH beers). I heard a rumor than Ottawa County distributors have better luck getting Dogfish Head, but I haven't ventured into any specialty beer stores there to find out. Know anything about that?
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

beertrain
Railroadfan...fan

Unfortunately, the beer distributor doesn't get rail service. We are a retail distributor. In Pennsylvania we don't fool around with 6packs or 12packs, we have 24 and 30 packs along with 1/4 and 1/2kegs. As for the Dogfish Head, I'm not sure where in Michigan you can find that. We sell a lot of it here, when we are able to get it. Most times when we order it, it is on back-order. From what I understand, Dogfish got some kind of contract with Disney to sell their beer there. Nothing contributes better to family fun like a tasty micro-brew.

Last time I was in Michigan, we ventured down to a suburb of Toledo, Ohio where they had a specialty beer store. As i recall they had some PA microbrews there like Victory, Troegs, and Stoudts. I'm not sure if they had Dogfish or not. I know the store was in a strip mall next to a Tony Paco's if that helps you.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Oops, didn't even notice you weren't in Michigan.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

J T wrote:Oops, didn't even notice you weren't in Michigan.
And you're not going to Ohio :lol:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:
J T wrote:Oops, didn't even notice you weren't in Michigan.
And you're not going to Ohio :lol:
Those sons of b's are STILL sending me notices...nearly 11 years later!! :evil: