Bob M - Please Don't Go

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
DLM
Railroadfan...fan

Bob M - Please Don't Go

Unread post by DLM »

I for one appreciate your knowlegde of the CSX tracks between Lansing and Plymouth. You have a passion for history and the business of railroading which I enjoy reading. You understand the value of good customer service.

We are all different in our interests for railroading. I like the business and history side of railroading. Unusual cars and a train without a wide cab locomotive grab my attention.

I have chosen to ignore the postings of several people on this board. If I see them, I skip over them. I would ask that you do the same and please keep posting.

Dave

gonzojoe
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Bob - Please Don't Go

Unread post by gonzojoe »

I agree 100%. I live just a couple miles up the tracks from you Bob and always appreciate your remarks. Stick around and don't let some youngsters stir ya up. Take a deep breath and keep those good reports coming in. Thank You

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Ditto - I read all your posts, Bob. I especially enjoy your posts about the D series trains.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

David Lang
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by David Lang »

No Bob, don't go. I remember meeting you once or twice in Grand Rapids several years back. I always enjoyed your insight and knowledge of the railroad and its operations. Hang in there buddy! We all appreciate you and would like you to reconsider!

Maybe Zack will step in and give some more perspective.

David Lang

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

I'd be sorry to see Bob leave if he does end up staying away. Some people have a small interest in trains, for others it's their hobby, and for some, it's their life. The mixture of groups here can cause a few to be easily offended by some comments. I've seen prior issues Bob's ranted on such as Jochs #700th post or why no one posted about Q335's coming towards Howell before he did, so an issue with the X500 post isn't exactly surprising. It is surprising to see him want to quit, but I can't go through and edit every statement made to try to protect people from getting their feeling hurt. I do fix posts and warn those that I see obvious personal attacks, trolling, or other terms described in the FAQ.

As DLM has mentioned about ignoring postings of people here, you can do that simply with the "foes" button. Click this link and add people that you want to skip there postings here: ucp.php?i=zebra&mode=foes

Feel free to take a break Bob, and I welcome you to stop back and chime in whenever you wonder what trailing unit Q334 had.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

redside20
i don't give a fark about your PM

Unread post by redside20 »

Good lord, i'm away from this site for a whole day and somebody who's posts intelligent and knowledgable info decides to walk away. But then again, i saw this coming. I for one enjoyed his posts and enjoyed seeing what he had to say.
Exit stage left

TSB
peon

Unread post by TSB »

Bob, follow one of two suggestions;

(1) Cowboy up. Fug'em.

or

(2) Click on "User Control Panel" on top banner

Click on "Friends and Foes"

Click on "Manage Foes"

Type in names of posters whose input you can do without. (Not me.)

Problem solved.
5 years on college faculties
34 years working on railroads

RR is more fun

Crow T Robot
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Crow T Robot »

TSB wrote:Bob, follow one of two suggestions;

(1) Cowboy up. Fug'em.

Problem solved.
I'll agree with this one. Also you might just take a break from the whole RR thing for awhile...
http://www.railpictures.net/showphotos.php?userid=24021
http://crow_t_robot.rrpicturearchives.net/
http://www.youtube.com/user/Spawn674 - I need a better video camera