Odd Occurrence in Greenwich

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Odd Occurrence in Greenwich

Unread post by cbehr91 »

I had something sort of odd happen to me when I was in Greenwich today and I felt like sharing here. There's no real point to this post, but I felt compelled to post it anyway, so read and opine if you like.

CSX GRMS-1 was coming west on the line from Berea running as a W004. It was the late afternoon (good light) so I was set up with my tripod and camcorder. As the train approached a red truck crossed the tracks in front of me. The passenger waved and I waved back (most locals do). The truck got stopped at the former B&O tracks by the gates as the W004 came through.

I was focused on the tack car coming when I hear "Can I ask you a question?" as the passenger gets out of the truck and starts toward me. I motion for him to stop and I walk over to him (I wanted to keep the chatter down as much as possible in my video). In a nutshell, he was a representative from the Iowa Steak Co. wanting to make a sale. I just thought it was odd that he wanted to have a conversation with me while it was pretty obvious why I was there and I the subject of my video was rolling by (not to mention it's horn was blaring).

I didn't want to be snotty and ask him to be quiet but at the same time I didn't want him talking in my video either. Thoughts?

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Odd Occurrence in Greenwich

Unread post by AARR »

Politely tell him you will talk to him when you are done and keep videoing.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

Wow, yes thats an odd one. I would go with AARR's thoughts.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Your method is probably better than mine...
Bottom text.

Rick in TC
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Rick in TC »

That could have been very easy: Just tell him you are a vegetarian. :twisted:

cbehr91
Chairman of the Bored

Unread post by cbehr91 »

Well I'm editing the video now and it doesn't seem to be in there too badly (thankfully the microphone I put on my camera is directional). I'm still sort of frustrated it happened in the first place, the guy didn't seem like the sharpest tool in the shed anyway.