SP 4449 Harlem Shake

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

SP 4449 Harlem Shake

Unread post by Ypsi »

More viral spoofs
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

J T
Hates Supper

Re: SP 4449 Harlem Shake

Unread post by J T »

I've been thinking about a good Harlem Shake vid for railfans. It would be much funnier than that. :)
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

I'm in JT!!! I call the lone dancer spot in the beginning!!
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

I have now lost the little remaining faith that I had in my generation to do anything remotely useful for the worlds well being.
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

CAT345C wrote:I have now lost the little remaining faith that I had in my generation to do anything remotely useful for the worlds well being.
You must be a ton of fun at parties. :lol:

:P
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

At least with the Harlem Shake it doesn't take any talent so I could be in your video J T :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

It's fun, laugh about it.

Kids piling into phone booths was once a big thing, then VW bugs. Fads like this are nothing new.

Do you kids even know what a phone booth is? Where does Superman change now?

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

MagnumForce wrote:It's fun, laugh about it.

Kids piling into phone booths was once a big thing, then VW bugs. Fads like this are nothing new.

Do you kids even know what a phone booth is? Where does Superman change now?
At the apple store
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

ES44AH
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ES44AH »

This Harlem shake thing is hilarious. I also noticed a PA in the corner.
Western Maryland-The Fast Freight Line.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

What Doyle has done to that PA is incredible, it was a basket case, a frame and that's it, no sheet metal, electricals, trucks, air system, controls, nothing but a nose and a frame.

There are only 2 in the US and the other is in worse condition than this one was when started.

http://nkp190.com/

The trucks are from Fm C Liner B Units. The b units were scrapped but somehow the trucks remained in a scrapyard or quarry or something. C Liners were B+A-1-A configuaration so the trucks for the two PAs came from 4 b units. The guts are from a wrecked MLW M420.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?11,965489

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

Yes, that PA is a testament to Doyle and that groups ambition and know how, for sure. The original PA's were powered by Alco 244 engines, but due to the cantankerous nature of 244s and the rarity for parts now a days, they decided to use a more modern Alco 251 engine from an M420W like Brent said.

A lot of people were outraged when Doyle said he was going to make it a Nickel Plate engine, since it was originally a Santa Fe unit. Probably the same people who were up in arms about the quasi-Santa Fe F units that museum down south painted up. :roll:
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Well when Morrison Knudsen rebuilt the PAs for D&H in the 70's they had 251s put in anyway.

Doyle's first Cab Ride was in NKP 189 as a kid which is why he did not go with Santa Fe, 190 woudl have been the next PA on the NKP roster if it had not existed. That said there are not all the "off" things about this like there are with those Santa Fe f units.

Anyway NKP only had a handful of PA's and they also happened to be the only Cab Units the NKP had so that makes it neat as well, too boot it is one of the most attractive paint schemes ever IMO.

TrainWatcher
The Beast

Unread post by TrainWatcher »

MagnumForce wrote:Well when Morrison Knudsen rebuilt the PAs for D&H in the 70's they had 251s put in anyway.

Doyle's first Cab Ride was in NKP 189 as a kid which is why he did not go with Santa Fe, 190 woudl have been the next PA on the NKP roster if it had not existed. That said there are not all the "off" things about this like there are with those Santa Fe f units.

Anyway NKP only had a handful of PA's and they also happened to be the only Cab Units the NKP had so that makes it neat as well, too boot it is one of the most attractive paint schemes ever IMO.
Santa Fe PA1 #59L, will be restored to her original Santa Fe Warbonnet glory (with correct stainless steel I might add) by the Museum of the American Railroad. As with Doyle, and the NKP 190, he did a complete head to toe restoration and did it from NKP drawings and plans, unlike another Museum that just hires a company to slap some paint on a SP and T&NO F7 pair and makes it look like something Tyco rolled out in 1975.

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Here we go again... Get over it James.
Bottom text.

MagnumForce
Angry Man

James,

Get over it.

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

Your right James.... You paid for the units, you paid for the body work, you paid for the paint and pay for the home they live in. You have every right to complain! Call them now and tell them they're wrong! :twisted: :roll: :lol: :D :mrgreen:
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

SD80MAC wrote: A lot of people were outraged when Doyle said he was going to make it a Nickel Plate engine, since it was originally a Santa Fe unit. Probably the same people who were up in arms about the quasi-Santa Fe F units that museum down south painted up. :roll:
You mean people who didn't have the money or means to do it themselves? I hate people like that.

GP9R
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GP9R »

MagnumForce wrote:What Doyle has done to that PA is incredible, it was a basket case, a frame and that's it, no sheet metal, electricals, trucks, air system, controls, nothing but a nose and a frame.

There are only 2 in the US and the other is in worse condition than this one was when started.

http://nkp190.com/

The trucks are from Fm C Liner B Units. The b units were scrapped but somehow the trucks remained in a scrapyard or quarry or something. C Liners were B+A-1-A configuaration so the trucks for the two PAs came from 4 b units. The guts are from a wrecked MLW M420.

http://www.trainorders.com/discussion/r ... ?11,965489
Not every C Liner was a 5 axle engine

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

J T wrote:
SD80MAC wrote: A lot of people were outraged when Doyle said he was going to make it a Nickel Plate engine, since it was originally a Santa Fe unit. Probably the same people who were up in arms about the quasi-Santa Fe F units that museum down south painted up. :roll:
You mean people who didn't have the money or means to do it themselves? I hate people like that.
No, I mean the people who freak out about something as trivial as a paint scheme. As stated, Doyle grew up seeing the Nickel Plate PAs, so that's what he wanted to do it up as. It was him and his group that fought tooth and nail to get these 2 engines back from Mexico, so I think at this point they have the right to paint it however they want. :)
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/