my rights and photography.

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
b17bass
Railroadfan...fan

my rights and photography.

Unread post by b17bass »

I am new at photographing trackside, and I would like to get some info. Is there a copy of the rights that I have as a photographer? Something I should carry on my person while photographing? if so where do I find the official copies of that document. Thank you.

Ypsi
The Bestest Railroadfan... fan

Re: my rights and photography.

Unread post by Ypsi »

I think they have been discussed on this site before, and I am pretty sure that trains has done articles about either rights or photographers.

Basically, be on public property/ have premission to be places. (sidewalks, sides of roads, public grade crossing, ect.) I'm pretty sure that the police/ railroad cannot force you to delete any of your photos. There are a few more points, but i can not remember exactly what they said. If I find any more of the info I will edit my post.
"Ann Arbor 2373 Calling... Milkshake. Over"

All Aboard Amtrak: Northbound, Southbound, and My Hometown

DT&I
Commodore Perry

Unread post by DT&I »

Two other points, never stand on the tracks and if you are asked to leave its best just to leave.
I'm just here to put in time claims and complain

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

b17bass wrote:I am new at photographing trackside, and I would like to get some info. Is there a copy of the rights that I have as a photographer? Something I should carry on my person while photographing? if so where do I find the official copies of that document. Thank you.
Before those other two told you trackside etiquette, a simple google search for "Photographers Rights" Turned this up...

http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

Best of Luck

Practice Safe CSX

Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Unread post by Saturnalia »

Never Violate photo lines like this guy:

:wink:
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

b17bass
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by b17bass »

Thanks guys, I defiantly understand trackside etiquette. being aware of posted signs, trespassing and how to deal with the pd are things I understand. I checked out the photographers rights and just wanted to be sure of all the small print. Thanks for all your help guys. :D

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

I don't need any stinkin' rights. If someone doesn't like what I'm taking a picture of, I just flip them off...and run. :lol: :twisted:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Proto48Patrick
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Proto48Patrick »

Cops like it when you tell them:

" I cant take pictures here? Least I was able to get that photo of your mom and that train she pulled last nite."
Patrick Welch

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Proto48Patrick wrote:Cops like it when you tell them:

" I cant take pictures here? Least I was able to get that photo of your mom and that train she pulled last nite."
:lol: :lol: :lol:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.