Xmas '14 Loot Thread

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Saturnalia
Authority on Cat

Xmas '14 Loot Thread

Unread post by Saturnalia »

So, how did you make out under the tree this year?

So far, I have been blessed with a Genesis UP SD70ACe! Looks great with my CSX '80MAC from last year. Now I just need to find a place to run it!
Thornapple River Rail Series - YouTube
Safety today is your investment for tomorrow

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Xmas '14 Loot Thread

Unread post by AARR »

Received an Atlas GTW GP38ac painted in the 1776 scheme 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

All I asked for this year was to get rid of my cast. I thought that was an inexpensive gift to ask for. I have been good all year :D. Must be chubby put on a few extra pounds this year and couldn't make it down the chimney 'cause it's still on :cry: (25 hours until the Dr takes it off :) )

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Meijer gift cards, socks, and a restaurant gift card with a note for a free babysitter :)
Best gift was from Santa... watching the 4 and 2 year olds open their gifts. Lots of smiles and sharing with no arguing so far :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

~Z~ wrote:Meijer gift cards, socks, and a restaurant gift card with a note for a free babysitter :)
Best gift was from Santa... watching the 4 and 2 year olds open their gifts. Lots of smiles and sharing with no arguing so far :)
Yup, watching the kids make for the best part of the Christmas season. I've always said X-mas is for kids :D

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

Wool socks, underwear, and a new floor jack with stands. Coupled to a friend visiting from Japan for the holidays, couldn't be happier.

Merry Christmas all!
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

atrainguy60
Saginaw Sub Foamer

Unread post by atrainguy60 »

Nine CTC Board magazines, and two issues of Trains Magazine. A CP t shirt and a CN t shirt. As for non train stuff, I got a six new Weird U.S. books.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

Jetlink
Not a Railfan

Unread post by Jetlink »

New hand held ham radio (for railroad scanning) from the wife for me. Thanks to those on this board for the recommendations which were promptly forwarded to my wife. Plus two Henley shirts from the in-laws. Grandpa's present to us is always about 20 pounds of prime rib roasted for the family. Grandpa is too frail to roast it anymore but he still buys and we cook it for him (and us). It was absolutely yummy. I agree though it is a blast watching the kids. They just get so stinkin' excited.
interested in trains

Patiently waiting for LansingRailfan to antagonize me in his tagline

DelayInBlock
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by DelayInBlock »

I got the chance to experience the amazing organization that Operation North Pole is... :)

Delay In Block Productions: "Railroading a Little Different than Usual."

Visit my YouTube Channel and Subscribe: http://www.YouTube.com/user/DelayInBlock
Like My Page on Facebook: http://www.Facebook.com/DelayInBlockProductions

Mr. Tops
Ferroequinologist

Unread post by Mr. Tops »

The day off.

CSX_CO
Over and Out

Unread post by CSX_CO »

Mr. Tops wrote:The day off.
Despite being 250 miles away, it didn't keep them from calling me over the last couple days. I take my first vacation days since July (I worked the week my kid were born since no one else steps up to the plate) and the other guys drop like flies. Must be nice to be independently wealthy...

All that being said a nice relaxing week. Kids travelled well, Red Wings exploded in the third last Tuesday, and a nice relaxing week.

Practice Safe CSX

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

Mr. Tops wrote:The day off.
This.
Bottom text.

M.D.Bentley
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by M.D.Bentley »

I AM STILL ALIVE !

legostudios34
The Lego Railfan

Unread post by legostudios34 »

A few Lego things, some HO scale buildings for my layout, and money for Space Camp next year.
Baxter Barnes. 21. Alabama.
Meow. Now you know how to speak cat. -Flickr

MagnumForce
Angry Man

Unread post by MagnumForce »

Sounds Sappy but having the whole family together including my new Nephew in Law and Great nephew and having my wife feel good enough to visit at all was great. My Mom and Dad were both teared up. My Dad's best friend and wife even stopped by with their horse and buggy and yes they are Amish and some of the most amazing and giving people you will ever meet.

Aside from that everything else is inconsequential. There is nothing I really need or want that I can't just go out and buy myself. My folks aren't in the best health and who knows how many more Christmases they will be around. I think the hardest part of getting older and not seeing your parent's every day or week is that every time you see them they actually look older. It sucks so much and I am teared up now just thinking about it. Blah, I hate having the feels.
Last edited by MagnumForce on Mon Dec 29, 2014 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

MagnumForce wrote:Sounds Sappy but having the whole family together including my new Nephew in Law and Great nephew and having my wife feel good enough to visit at all was great. My Mom and Dad were both teared up. My Dad's best friend and wife even stopped by with their horse and buggy and yes they are Amish and some of the most amazing and giving people you will ever meet.
Not sappy at all, that's what the holidays are all about! Family and friends together.
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Try starting a thread about what you gave rather than what you got, and you might earn a little more respect from your fellow posters.
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

This Christmas was the first Christmas I was able to afford to buy my family nice, meaningful gifts with money that I worked for and earned myself. It felt good.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

EWRice
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by EWRice »

SD80MAC wrote:This Christmas was the first Christmas I was able to afford to buy my family nice, meaningful gifts with money that I worked for and earned myself. It felt good.
You've got to respect that! My wife and I just felt good that the credit card did not get used. I figured I would be standing across the doorways from the ringing red buckets with tin can and train horn trying to pay the gas bill being my first year in business. It has been a good year. I hope everybody else has had a good year too.