Howell House Mast Signal

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Howell House Mast Signal

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

Anybody know the story behind the three head mast signal in front of a house on W. Grand River Avenue near Emmons Road west of Howell? They were having a huge garage/estate/yard sale there today and obviously I wish I had had the time to stop and take a much closer look. It looks like something that could have come off the MC (similar to what used to be at BO), or maybe off the Erie Lackawanna.....it doesn't look like something PM. Anyone know about more this? I'd love to know it's story.

ConrailMan5
Better than Ypsi

Re: Howell House Mast Signal

Unread post by ConrailMan5 »

That is something that could be interesting... Is it mounted in the ground?
"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different."
-Kurt Vonnegut

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

That guy has quite a nice collection of signals and signs, and even a small crossing shack in his backyard. He usually has his semaphore lined "high green" when the trains go by!
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

James Sofonia
Grand Traverse Dinner Train 1996

Unread post by James Sofonia »

Can you see it from Google Earth or street view? I didn't see anything rail road ish.

BerkshireKid
sofa king we todd

Unread post by BerkshireKid »

80MAC, this is a different house. The house you speak of is in town Howell. The house on Grand River is my buddy's place. The signal came off the CSX around Webberville IIRC. He has them wired up for 120VAC operation. He also has an 1.5" scale railroad running thru the yard. The dad is Marc and the son is Danny. Both are really nice guys.
Rule #1: BerkshireKid is God. Rule #2: God is always right. Rule #3: If you think you may actually be right refer to Rules #1 & #2.

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

BerkshireKid wrote:80MAC, this is a different house. The house you speak of is in town Howell. The house on Grand River is my buddy's place. The signal came off the CSX around Webberville IIRC. He has them wired up for 120VAC operation. He also has an 1.5" scale railroad running thru the yard. The dad is Marc and the son is Danny. Both are really nice guys.
Were they actually having a sale? I thought Marc only acquires :wink:

GP30M4216
Saver of all History

Unread post by GP30M4216 »

The signal came off the CSX around Webberville IIRC. He has them wired up for 120VAC operation. He also has an 1.5" scale railroad running thru the yard. The dad is Marc and the son is Danny.
Not saying it didn't come from Webberville, but to me, the ratio of lamp lens size to target shield background didn't look quite right to me (cruising along on GRAve) to be C&O/PM. But I could very well be mistaken. Thanks for the background!