Ogden Dunes Railfans

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Ogden Dunes Railfans

Unread post by NSSD70ACe »

Hey all,

Yesterday while I was in Ogden Dunes, a group of 5 railfans rolled up to the station in a tan Mercury (whatever the Mercury variant is for the Ford Crown Vic). One guy was wearing a letterman's jacket with "Crusaders" on it and a CNW hat. The other four men were middle aged, and I think one of them had an MILW hat. I was wondering if anyone knew who they were and/or are they members of this board? They seemed in a hurry to catch a particular NS train headed east....

Thanks,

-NS
:roll:

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Re: Ogden Dunes Railfans

Unread post by LSRC »

FWIW Grand Marquis is the Mercury version of a Crown Vic. What state was the car plated for?

trnwatcher
My name ain't Steven

Unread post by trnwatcher »

LSRC wrote:FWIW Grand Marquis is the Mercury version of a Crown Vic. What state was the car plated for?
LSRC...you looking for another land yacht?
Steven F. Shick
http://www.youtube.com/user/trnwatcher
http://www.trnwatcher.net

I.T. guy/Railfan
"The true railfan has two favorite railroads....the Baltimore & Ohio and another one." - Charles S. Roberts

LSRC
Flat River Rat

Unread post by LSRC »

trnwatcher wrote:LSRC...you looking for another land yacht?
LOL!

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

Wisconsin is what the car was plated. As it turns out, the driver contacted me over at Flickr, so problem solved!

Thanks!

-NS

the contents of the above post are my opinion and mine alone, and do not necessarily reflect the views of my employer.

railohio
Photographer of Wires in America by Rail of Ohio & Wisconsin

Unread post by railohio »

Problem? You seeing other railfans was a problem?
"I shot the freight train / But I did not shoot the fantrip"

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

railohio wrote:Problem? You seeing other railfans was a problem?
I think his "problem" was that he didn't know who they were and thus was seeking that knowledge.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/jimthias/
GRHC - you know every night I can imagine he is in front of his computer screen sitting in his underwear swearing profusely and drinking Blatz beer combing the RailRoadFan website for grammatical errors.

NSSD70ACe
The Conrail Guru

railohio wrote:Problem? You seeing other railfans was a problem?
Um, no. My problem was I didn't know who I just saw. Thinking that they might've been members of this board, I asked. I don't have a problem with seeing other railfans out in the field, as it doesn't happen too often.

Not sure where you got that notion but you have my apologies as that was not what I meant.