M.R and Trains Magazines

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
joeyuboats
Railroadfan...fan

M.R and Trains Magazines

Unread post by joeyuboats »

Saw on the phone today, where KALMBACH MEDIA is closing its doors, and MODEL RAILROADER AND TRAINS magazines have been sold to Firecrown Media, of Chattanooga, TN.
Could sort of see this coming, as these mags were a shadow of the excellent publications they once were, but still sad to see it go this way. Like I tell my son--- nothing good lasts forever.

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: M.R and Trains Magazines

Unread post by AARR »

In MR I liked the small and medium sized layout articles

In Trains I liked the Short Line and Regional railroad articles. I also liked when they would show a mixed freight and the orgins and destinations of each car.
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Re: M.R and Trains Magazines

Unread post by Garry K »

There are a couple of discussions about the Kalmbach sale to Firecrown Media at the Model Railroad Hobbyist discussions forums.

Kalmbach Publishing sold to Firecrown Media:
https://forum.mrhmag.com/post/kalmbach- ... a-13364332

Interview with Craig Fuller, new owner of Kalmbach's train publications:
https://forum.mrhmag.com/post/interview ... s-13374006

One would think that Firecrown wouldn't have bought Kalmbach just to kill off all of Kalmbach's publications. The speculation from the many folks who post in the above discussions is that they think that Model Railroader magazine will probably get published 4 times a year, for $11 per issue. Time will tell what will happen.

Garry K