Garage sale railfan haul

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
David Collins
Train Paparazzi

Garage sale railfan haul

Unread post by David Collins »

I went to a garage sale this morning that had a ton of railroad stuff. So here’s a little overview of what the two things I got (I was on the way home with my mom and decided to take the photos in the car, she went with since she’s an apparel designer and she loves to go to garage sales to find stuff)

Image 1: A Canadian National GP9 dummy in the Zebra livery. I’ve been trying to get my hands on a GP9 high nose from any railroad for the fictional BP&N (Bangor, Portland and Northern) railroad on my NS Portland Secondary model railroad. For the time being I’m going to patch over the CN logos on both noses, but this locomotive will be paired with NKP SD9 #345 for switching work on the Portland Secondary. It’s currently a dummy but will be repowered with DCC. I will keep the zebra stripes so it has a little character alongside a weathering job.

Image 2: A 1977 era Chessie System timetable. Ever since I started attending Ferris State University, I’ve fallen head over heels for the old Chessie/C&O on the west side of the state, and this timetable really came through with information about the Ludington Subdivision, which I’ve become fascinated with since it ran through Reed City. I came across the old Ludington Sub as a bike trail during my time up that way at FSU. I plan on reading this more and learning more on the territory.
Attachments
FBB66D6C-96C9-4792-B763-64EC4B84AA80.jpeg
85DF2730-FBAE-4E9C-A8BE-E75DFB3561FB.jpeg
Ferris State University’s Train Guy

Youtube: Michigan Railfan Films

Flickr: David R. Collins

Snapchat: daveeed1k

Doktor No
Railroadfan...fan

Re: Garage sale railfan haul

Unread post by Doktor No »

I hired out in Grand Rapids, April 1977. Quit in June 1977. Went back in April 1978. I knew what was coming in 78. 77 I was young and stupid. Should never have left but that's a train under the bridge now anyway. One day I will have a garage sale and get rid of the stacks of railroad ephemera I have acquired. NOt quite yet though.
Curb Your Enthusiasm.