Are railroad supervisors spying on our sites?

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
TrainNut85
Train Chaser

Are railroad supervisors spying on our sites?

Unread post by TrainNut85 »

It seems lately with a certain shortline of ours has gotten some attention. Since the coffee thread posting by Mike D. Shep, it seems the GLC has become unfriendly. My fiance heard from a friend of hers that no one can go on the Owosso property to sign a release form to take pictures. I think GLC is trying to be like the Class 1s, unfriendly towards railfans, just like what CSX does everytime.

SD80MAC
Ingersoll's Mr. Michigan

Unread post by SD80MAC »

I wouldn't call it "spying", but be advised RR employess do read these sites, both officials and crews.
"Remember, 4 mph is a couple, 5's a collision!"
http://flickriver.com/photos/conrail680 ... teresting/

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

My fiance heard from a friend of hers that no one can go on the Owosso property to sign a release form to take pictures.
I know for a fact they were still letting folks sign release after the "incident". Quite frankly, after the incident, I think IMHO it's better just to take photos from public property. I was surprised they were still letting people sign releases. Let's be thankful for what they allowed in the past and move on.

PS: Yes, officials from all the shortlines and maybe even the Class I's do read these message boards.

GLC 392
TSBY/GLC KID

Unread post by GLC 392 »

it is true if you are on the property they will ask you to leave and i believe that they will not give you a release form.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Raildudes dad wrote:
My fiance heard from a friend of hers that no one can go on the Owosso property to sign a release form to take pictures.
I know for a fact they were still letting folks sign release after the "incident". Quite frankly, after the incident, I think IMHO it's better just to take photos from public property. I was surprised they were still letting people sign releases. Let's be thankful for what they allowed in the past and move on.

PS: Yes, officials from all the shortlines and maybe even the Class I's do read these message boards.
What about when SRI will be a held open house on season?
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

SRI has their own property at Owosso, which is separated from TSBY property by a fence.

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Gregg

Thank you,
Steven
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

GLC 392