Dangers of Trespassing on Railroad Property - Teen Dead

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

Dangers of Trespassing on Railroad Property - Teen Dead

Unread post by signmasters »

As seen on WSBT22 TV tonight.

http://www.wsbt.com/news/7908017.html

Train's horn reportedly ignored.
When officers arrived, they found 19-year-old Charles Vanlue lying between the southern tracks about 175 feet east of the crossing. The eastbound Canadian Pacific train was able to stop just past Delorenzi Avenue, about 1,700 feet from where Vanlue was found
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

rsinoms
Human Moose Elephant

Unread post by rsinoms »

is that crossing in a Quiet Zone? Quiet zones are stupid and should be prohibited
You say trestle... I say Trussell!!!

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

rsinoms wrote:is that crossing in a Quiet Zone? Quiet zones are stupid and should be prohibited
As signmaster had written:
Train's horn reportedly ignored.
My guess...probably not a quiet zone.
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

signmasters
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by signmasters »

rsinoms wrote:is that crossing in a Quiet Zone? Quiet zones are stupid and should be prohibited
I agree with rsinoms on quiet zones, but I don't think this was in one. I seen a video once where two people walk around a the end of a passing train into the path of a train on second track and that's what happen here. We think we are going to let things cool down over there before we go railfanning over there again. Maybe we will send Zack to test the waters if that's ok with him.
A great photographer can make a great photo out of any kind of light from any angle at any time, life is not a studio! There is no such thing as bad light.

lemscate
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by lemscate »

Just to play devil's advocate.. if there were more quiet zones, and people didn't hear horns in the background on a regular basis, then when they are used for warning, people would be more apt to pay attention (if nothing else, then just reflexively). I sometimes wonder about the efficacy of trains blaring on the horns whenever I drive near a crossing, and whether I would actually be able to hear horns in time to stop, and whether I wouldn't see a crossing light or headlight first. On the other hand, I think I just used too many commas.