Where is It? 1-7-2008

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Where is It? 1-7-2008

Unread post by i995impalass »

I am not going to give a clue on where it could be, due to all the pics I have with it, other than I did a lot of driving yesterday...

Have Fun

rsinoms
Human Moose Elephant

Unread post by rsinoms »

hahahahahahahahaha!!!! I know and wont tell!!!!!!
You say trestle... I say Trussell!!!

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

You see that Signal now Russ...

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

I have no idea where it is. Are you willing to give a hint or two? For example, is that formerly GTW row?
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

Norm
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Norm »

Paines.
Norm

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Don Simon wrote:I have no idea where it is. Are you willing to give a hint or two? For example, is that formerly GTW row?
Ill give that to you Don. Its a old PM Row.

Edit: The row is the power poles in the background and this was a siding..

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Unread post by Raildudes dad »

Clues: The Grooters Union Station caboose came from here. The "tarps" came off product delivered by rail to the business next door until the rails were pulled on the spur.

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

Clue #2
With in 10 Miles of the Wyoming Yard............

thanks Raildudes dad for the help 8)

rob
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by rob »

is that rip's place on the old reeds lake branch. rob

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Yup, it's Glenn's place (I still haven't said where it is :wink: )

Grandville
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Grandville »

Near Cottage Grove and Division?

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

Getting closer:)

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

COTTAGE GROVE/ KALAMAZOO AVE IN GR......

mikerm19
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikerm19 »

That makes sense. Google Earth says there's a spur there, but it doesn't look like it's there anymore.
Mike
http://www.mitrain.net Come see us!

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

That makes sense. Google Earth says there's a spur there, but it doesn't look like it's there anymore.
The "horse car" you have in Coopersville was the last rail move on the Reeds Lake spur before it was pulled out. Glenn talked CSX into pulling it out and deliver it to the GRE. I got a call from the GRE asking "what is this thing and where's it supposed to go?" That was the first I knew it was coming to the C&M :shock:

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:
The "horse car" you have in Coopersville was the last rail move on the Reeds Lake spur before it was pulled out. Glenn talked CSX into pulling it out and deliver it to the GRE. I got a call from the GRE asking "what is this thing and where's it supposed to go?" That was the first I knew it was coming to the C&M :shock:
That spur is on a Metro wall map that I have and it shows it ending Calvin Ave, 2 blocks east of K-zoo st. Any particular reason why it's called the Reeds Lake spur?

mikerm19
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by mikerm19 »

Raildudes dad wrote:
Interesting. Too bad he couldn't get the cabeese out though, lol.

I have yet to see that particular car and the Alco, etc. though.
Mike
http://www.mitrain.net Come see us!

Raildudes dad
Roadmaster

That spur is on a Metro wall map that I have and it shows it ending Calvin Ave, 2 blocks east of K-zoo st. Any particular reason why it's called the Reeds Lake spur?
You need a new map:lol: Reeds lake Spur because it originally went out in the country to Reeds Lake. I believe they loaded ice in the olden days. Be careful tracing the route to the lake, pretty high priced neighborhoods.

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

Raildudes dad wrote:
You need a new map:lol: Reeds lake Spur because it originally went out in the country to Reeds Lake. I believe they loaded ice in the olden days. Be careful tracing the route to the lake, pretty high priced neighborhoods.
Wow, that's what I was assuming, but I didn't want to sound silly asking. :wink: I figured it MIGHT have originally gone to Reeds Lake due to the angle of Hiawatha Rd. about 8 blocks east of Calvin Ave. There are a couple other streets farther east that also show signs of possibly being angled along the tracks as well.

This wall map is great. It's around 4x5' and brand new, costs well over $100. I got it for $5 back in '99 when I came across an office selling all of their contents. Metro also makes Grand Rapids map books that you can buy at their office for $5 or so.

i995impalass
Yooper Foamer

I took a few more pics of where I think the *row* is Ill post later