Chasing N956 in Trainz (Saginaw Sub Project Update)!

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Chasing N956 in Trainz (Saginaw Sub Project Update)!

Unread post by Racer »

I've been working like mad lately on school, work, and this route!

Today I will be showing my experience of riding/ chasing N956 on the CSX Saginaw Sub (Coming Soon). So here we go:

Mid-morning as N956 winds around the wye in Plymouth (On my exhisting Saginaw Sub from Carleton to Plymouth included on the route). He crawls through North Yard.

Alittle later we catch him at the Beck Road crossing as it whales on that K5HL horn in Wixom.

Going past Lincoln Yard with nothing going on.

Going over the intersection of Maple and Wixom Roads.

No interchange today on the Michigan Air-Line. What a minute! Is that Mike Tabone's truck right there? :)

Continued.....
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

Ok now, we are near Milford as N956 just hit the defect detector:

Crawling over Milford road and through downtown Milford.

Later on we see him crossing over a private crossing in Highland on the Clyde passing siding.

Just after clearing the north end of the Clyde passing siding.

Now he slows down in Clyde as he approaches Holly.

That's all I have for now. Right now I am working on the CN Diamond in Holly (A copy of the same Holly in my CN Holly Sub) , then through Grand Blanc and then CN Diamond/ McGrew in Flint and then I should be done! So far I haven't run the full route from Carleton to Holly, but from Holly to Plymouth takes about 45 real minutes. :)
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

RailCanon
BANHAMMERED

Unread post by RailCanon »

but from Holly to Plymouth takes about 45 real minutes
At what speed?
IIRC, Track speed on the Saginaw Sub is 40 MPH north of Plymouth (just like the Plymouth Sub).

SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveTJ »

Looks great! The possibilities with Trainz are endless. Also, nice job on your version of the Holly Sub. I had to check it out since I grew up pretty close to the Holly Sub in Waterford.

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

Gregg Pullano wrote:
but from Holly to Plymouth takes about 45 real minutes
At what speed?
IIRC, Track speed on the Saginaw Sub is 40 MPH north of Plymouth (just like the Plymouth Sub).
Yeah Gregg, I was at trackspeed, but I slowed down in Milford to about 20mph.

SW
Rail Trail Explorer

Unread post by SW »

Looks great, Chris! Looking forward to seeing the rest of the journey. Minor detail: the 4th frame is the intersection of Wixom Rd & Pontiac Trail (not Maple).
Owosso Steve

CAT345C
RedNeck Train Chaser

Unread post by CAT345C »

and lincoln is a lot longer, and has a lot more tracks than that!
Making the railroad all Catywompus since 2008

https://www.flickr.com/gp/66353741@N07/02EZ1e

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Thats pretty darn sharp, it deffinatly has the feel to it. On a loaded western coal train, it usually took 50 min from plymouth diamond to Wixom, and another 30 from Millford to clyde. Top speed was usually on the hill, about 15 MPH.
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

SteveTJ
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by SteveTJ »

Hey Chris. just wondering. Is there a diamond where the Saginaw sub and Michigan air line meet or does the track stop? I was looking at the pic and it looks like the track in the foreground stops short.

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

SteveTJ001 wrote:Hey Chris. just wondering. Is there a diamond where the Saginaw sub and Michigan air line meet or does the track stop? I was looking at the pic and it looks like the track in the foreground stops short.
It used to be a diamond to the CSX Plymouth Sub in South Lyon until GTW (Former owner) ripped out the trackage from South Lyon to Wixom in 1985. In that one pic of the intersection of Pontiac Trail and Wixom Road (Track with the flat car sitting on it) was once a wye onto the Air-Line. The track from CSX in Wixom to West Bloomfield is still in service as an interchange of cars a few times a week (Or as needed). Mike Tabone was working on the Michigan Air-Line and modeling it when it was GTW to South Lyon in the early 1980's for Trainz; I have been beta testing it and it's coming along really well.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

Hey Chris, I don't think I've ever seen a Fed EXX truck before. Is that a new company in the Detroit area?

Otherwise, nice shots. I like the looks of your route.

Racer

Unread post by Racer »

Thanks guys for the comments. I got Holly finished today (Which I copied my CN Holly Sub's model of Holly and changed seasons for the Saginaw Sub) Some areas are not going to be accurate to the max because I just wanted it fairly detailed, giving a general feeling of the area, and yet be able to recreate operations and real trains without overwelming or boring the users who download this route (and my other ones). Some areas are pretty detailed such as diamonds or towns, and mainlines maybe shorter than the real one.

I won't be able to work on this route alot for the next 2 days, but if anybody wants me to post shots of the finished route south of Plymouth to Carleton; name the location and I'll show it to you.