help with Amtrak

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
rob
Railroadfan...fan

help with Amtrak

Unread post by rob »

is there a travel agent in the grand rapids that is knowable about Amtrak. I looking to book a trip and need some help.

Rob

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by OwlCaboose2853 »

Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

Question.... Where are you going? I know Amtrak has non refundable tickets for good prices under weekly specials...
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

I would avoid travel agents like the plague when booking Amtrak! I had two experiences with using travel agents to book Amtrak in the 1980s, and they totally fouled things up. They printed Amtrak tickets on airline ticket stick, and the Amtrak conductors were not happy with that when they tried to decipher what the ticket really said. While those agents may have gotten more knowledgable about Amtrak, I wouldn't bet on it.

Not to mention you'll get the best prices directly from Amtrak and won't have to pay the travel agent's commission.

And these days with Google and other search engines it's easy to find hotels & rental cars wherever you're traveling to.

Garry K

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

tsinoms wrote:Question.... Where are you going? I know Amtrak has non refundable tickets for good prices under weekly specials...
Click it; Canceling a Reservation and Getting a Refund and Refund Policy and Results Details
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

tsinoms
Adult Gerber Baby

Unread post by tsinoms »

OwlCaboose2853 wrote:
tsinoms wrote:Question.... Where are you going? I know Amtrak has non refundable tickets for good prices under weekly specials...
Click it; Canceling a Reservation and Getting a Refund and Refund Policy and Results Details
Well if you read on the ticket it says non refundable on there.
Rob... heres a link to the Weekly Specials
Last edited by tsinoms on Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
This is my life. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

If this is a problem get used to it.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

If you cancel your Amtrak tickets you get your money back minus 10%. Or, you can get a voucher that's good for future Amtrak tickets, and the voucher is good for 100% of what you originally paid. The voucher is good for a year, but you can renew it so it will last longer.

Garry K

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

tsinoms wrote: Well if you read on the ticket it says non refundable on there.
Once the value of a refund has been determined, as described in the following paragraphs, passengers have two options on how to receive the refund value:

1. Passengers may receive the full calculated refund value in the form of a non-refundable exchange voucher valid for future travel purchases. (Note: this option is not available online. See below for details on where to obtain refunds.)

2. Or, passengers may receive the calculated refund value, less a 10% refund service charge in the form of cash, check or credit to credit card, depending on the form of payment that was used for the ticket(s) being refunded. The maximum amount imposed by Amtrak on this 10% refund service charge will be $100 per refund transaction on any single reservation (Passenger Name Record).
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams

rsinoms
Human Moose Elephant

Unread post by rsinoms »

There is no ticket agent in grand rapids!!! all stations on the pere marquette line use quik trak machines!
You say trestle... I say Trussell!!!

OwlCaboose2853
Railroadfan...fan

rsinoms wrote:There is no ticket agent in grand rapids!!! all stations on the pere marquette line use quik trak machines!
Click Here; Quik-Trak Self-Service Ticketing Kiosk so, anyway, they still accept refund about it. :wink:
Amtrak Wolverines
NS Michigan Lines
Ann Arbor RR
The Monorail Society

Steven R. Williams