um... now that you mention it, next time I'll take VIA

Posts that don't fit in the other train categories. Off Subject Chit Chat I tell you. :)
amtrakjackson
Deactivated

um... now that you mention it, next time I'll take VIA

Unread post by amtrakjackson »

Not for the thin-skinned, this article. Be warned.

http://www.reuters.com/article/topNews/ ... me=topNews

MDH
rp.net addict

Unread post by MDH »

Wow. I don't think I could describe in words the horror of being randomly stabbed & decapitated by another passenger. :oops: Doesn't do much for the bus passenger stereotype!

Y@
Ass. Janitor

Unread post by Y@ »

umm.. wow? cant exactly find a word to describe that.

it caught my eye how he had just had a smoke break with the guy he did in, just minutes before the deed.

that and the line; "He had no rage. It was almost as if he was a robot."

wow. just... wow.
Bottom text.

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

All the more reason for ordinary citizens to be armed (with firearms). Perhaps someone else with a gun could have shot the stabber and perhaps saved the stabee, although it does appear in this case that the stabber worked too quickly for anyone to have saved the victim.

Although, someone else with a gun could have removed the stabber from the gene-pool, at least.

I'm taking Amtrak in the very near future to Florida (naturally, to watch roller derby down there). I'm riding in coach, traveling alone. Now I'm concerned as to who may be sitting next to me.

Garry K

ConrailDetr​oit
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by ConrailDetr​oit »

Garry K wrote:All the more reason for ordinary citizens to be armed (with firearms). Perhaps someone else with a gun could have shot the stabber and perhaps saved the stabee, although it does appear in this case that the stabber worked too quickly for anyone to have saved the victim.

Although, someone else with a gun could have removed the stabber from the gene-pool, at least.

I'm taking Amtrak in the very near future to Florida (naturally, to watch roller derby down there). I'm riding in coach, traveling alone. Now I'm concerned as to who may be sitting next to me.

Garry K
dont go to sleep :evil: :lol:

Garry K
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by Garry K »

I was on the Southwest Chief from Los Angeles to Chicago back in 2003. I was traveling alone. Just before the train left LA, a middle-aged guy dressed in a turtleneck and a sport coat boarded the train and ended up sitting next to me.

To make a long story short, the next day the guy sitting next to me was arrested for carrying a couple of pounds of cocaine! When Amtrak serviced the train in Albuquerque, drug-sniffing dogs made a sweep of the train, and they went right to that guy's luggage.

Better him sitting next to me than a murderer, though.

Garry K

Racer
Stops in Oncoming Traffic

Unread post by Racer »

What has this world come to when innocent people are butchered in such a barbaric way for no reason at all! :shock:
"...and I was in the front and Matt grabbed and pulled my ears from behind me and made horsey sounds."

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

What has this world come to when innocent people are butchered in such a barbaric way for no reason at all!

We are living in a culture of death... :(
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

~Z~
Sofa King Admin

Unread post by ~Z~ »

Don Simon wrote:http://www.hellhappens.com/satan-by-jack-chick.jpg
We are living in a culture of death... :(
You sure look angry in that pic Don... is that what you look like on Sunday mornings? :)
Webmaster
Railroad photos on Railroadfan.com

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

My first picture posted, Zack :D . I figured it out all by myself :D . It feels like I should get a star on my forehead or something :lol:
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

AARR
Incognito and Irrelevant

Unread post by AARR »

Also, I'm using the "edit" post feature too.

I am smart, yes I'm smart, S_M_R_T

S_M_A_R_T :lol:
Last edited by AARR on Fri Aug 01, 2008 1:14 pm, edited 5 times in total.

sd70accsxt700
Sofa King follower

Unread post by sd70accsxt700 »

Yes that lasted a long time Don. :lol:

Doooooooh
https://flic.kr/ps/jSuAb My Flickr photos!

J T
Hates Supper

Unread post by J T »

They need special agents to be called in for situations like this. Kneel the bastard down in the road, let him say his last words and then eliminate him from this world.

Or, better yet, slowly cut off each limb and make him suffer a horrific death. I'm sure there are plenty of psychopaths in this world who would love such a job if given the authority. There is no legal system owed for a cold blooded killer like this. Erase them immediately.

GreatLakesRailfan
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by GreatLakesRailfan »

I can't help wondering if it would it have been less traumatic for everyone else if he'd just cut the guy's head off without stabbing him first?

Seems like the bus might need more than the normal post-trip service after that particular trip...
~ Charles W.