Superior View Galleries

Any historical questions can be posted here. Answers would certainly help as well :)
conrailmike
Signal Maintainer
Location: Less than 100' from CSX (LSRC) Saginaw Sub. MP 61.4 in Highland, MI

Superior View Galleries

Unread post by conrailmike »

Don't know if you know about this or not, I was just told about this place. Lots of photographs of the past in Michigan, including quite a few railroad photos. The neat thing is you can order prints of these if you want. The railroad section has quite a few GT stuff in it, lots of depot photos also.

http://www.viewsofthepast.com/topics/gallery.htm

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Re: Superior View Galleries

Unread post by AARR »

Cool site, thanks CRMike 8)
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

I have been to that shop in Mackinac City. I have spent a couple of afternoons going thru their catalog of pics that are sorted by groups, I liked the trains and boats. I have a few 8x11 of old wrecks of steam engines. They will do sizes up to 14x22 if I remember correctly.
Well worth the time and trip if you are interested in early train pics of accidents, derailments etc. Naturally most are BW, I don't recall any color, but then I was looking for old steam pics.

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

BTW, a huge amout of the stuff is northern Michigan and the UP. Most of the pictures are private pics that they have bought from estates and individuals. So a lot of them have the amatuer touch as opposed to being professionally shot.

A No.1
To Portland

Unread post by A No.1 »

VERY COOL.

http://www.viewsofthepast.com/topics/fr-railroads.htm

If you look at photo RR-GT-23 it is listed as engine 3913 & 3914. WELLLLLL it's actually GTW 4913 & 4914. Wish they would list WHERE and WHEN.

Check out photo RR-83. Anyone know what two GP 9's Ended life there?
Mark it Zero.

tazer
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by tazer »

A excellent collection, some of the Battle Creek GT shots look familiar
This is I think they are
RR-GT- 21 Eastbound just before Emmett Street
RR-GT-25 Eastbound just before Nichols Tower and it looks like the photographer is standing on the lead
that goes to Post cereals
RR-GT-26 Eastbound at the depot

AARR
Ann Arbor RR Nerd

Unread post by AARR »

If you look at photo RR-GT-23 it is listed as engine 3913 & 3914. WELLLLLL it's actually GTW 4913 & 4914. Wish they would list WHERE and WHEN.
A few of the pics are misindentified but for the most part are accurate
PatC created a monster, 'cause nobody wants to see Don Simon no more they want AARR I'm chopped liver, well if you want AARR this is what I'll give ya, bad humor mixed with irrelevant info that'll make you roll your eyes quicker than a ~Z~ banhammer...

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

Hey guys, it is well worth the trip to visit the Mackinac City store. You will be like a kid in a candy shop, something to do while the wife visits the other tourist traps. Unless she is like my wife and wants to look at trains also. :lol:

BOHICA
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by BOHICA »

I've got a farily large collection of unique photos from that store. The owner is customer service focused. He will usually be at Art on the Rock up on the island and have 2 dollar pictures, I've left with 50 prints before. Should make an interesting collection for whom ever gets them when i'm gone.

hobojim
Railroadfan...fan

Unread post by hobojim »

I love the ones of derailments. A lot of them with people posed on them. Unique history. :mrgreen: